Announcing first A&FF Art Contest! Create the official artwork for the 14th Aiken & Friends Fest, North Branch.
Winner will be used to promote the 2019 Aiken & Friends Fest.
Cash awards totaling $250 will be awarded to the winner.
WHEN: Deadline is May 31, 2019.
WHERE: Entries may be mailed to: (All entries submitted via mail or email will substantiate that you accept all contest policies stated above.) RVCCArts - AIKEN & FRIENDS FEST - NORTH BRANCH 118 Lamington Road Branchburg, NJ 08876 908-648-8549
For submission requirements and form: http://www.rvccarts.org/20/PDF/AFFPosterARTcontest.pdf
The purpose of this contest is to create official artwork for the 14th Annual Aiken & Friends Fest—North Branch. The winning submission will become the official 2019 artwork used to promote the 2019 Aiken & Friends Fest—North Branch.
- Artist must complete the full entry form - Name, Email, Phone
- All submitted artwork must include the name and dates of the festival, i.e., AIKEN & FRIENDS FEST - NORTH BRANCH SEPTEMBER 26-28, 2019.
- Eligible media include: acrylics, oils, watercolors, pastels, drawings, printmaking, and digital art.
- Awards: Cash awards totaling $250 will be awarded to the winner of the contest.
- Artwork submitted must be no smaller than 9” x 12” 600 dpi digital, and no larger than 18”x 24” canvas.
- Digital Files: Digital files may be submitted on CD or memory stick. Image files should be readable on PC platform and should be: TIF or JPG; vector files (.ai or .eps) provided ALL fonts are outlined; or PSD files saved with no background at a resolution of 600 DPI. File names should not have spaces, punctuation marks, or non-English characters. File names should include artist’s name.
- Digital Prints (ink jet / laser, etc.) of work may be submitted up to 18” x 24”.
- If selected as the winning submission, you will be required to submit high resolution digital files for publication. Please label the back of each photo with the title of the artwork and your name, being careful not to damage the photo. We recommend using a stick-on label or felt-tip pen.
- File Upload Option: Files in the digital forms indicated above, along with a completed entry form (PDF), may be uploaded to the Aiken & Friends Art Contest folder on Dropbox.
- Submissions will be judged on their originality, creative integrity and overall capacity to embrace the essence of the annual AIKEN & FRIENDS FEST - NORTH BRANCH.
- Artwork not selected will be returned if submitted with prepaid postage or can be picked up at the college.
- The Grand Prize winner’s artwork will be used on posters, t-shirts, and promotional materials, as well as in advertisements and public service announcements for AIKEN & FRIENDS FEST - NORTH BRANCH
LIMITATIONS: Submissions must be the original work of the contestants and must not infringe upon third-party rights. Contest open to all. The entities are not responsible for printing errors or inaccurate, forged, incomplete, stolen, lost, illegible, mutilated, damaged, tampered with, postage-due, misdirected, delayed or late submissions. Void where prohibited or restricted by law and subject to all federal, state, provincial and local laws and regulations.
PROCEDURES: Submissions for the contest will be judged by individuals selected by RVCCArts. WINNER: Winner of the Contest will be notified by email, mail or telephone. All responsibilities of a minor will be assumed by the parent/legal guardian. Failure of a potential contest winner to execute and return an Assignment of Rights/Artwork Release with the Submission or any other non-compliance with rules or conditions of the contest may result in disqualification and the selection of an alternate Contest winner. All taxes are solely the winner’s responsibility.
REQUIREMENTS: Each participant by entering the contest agrees: (1) To be bound by these rules and the judge’s decisions (2) That winning participant grants to the RVCCArts AND AIKEN & FRIENDS FEST - NORTH BRANCH and assigns the unconditional right to use winner’s name, artwork, photograph, story, prize information and/or statements about the promotion for any publicity, advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law (3) That none of the entities, nor any of the officers, directors, employees, agents or representatives are responsible for claims, injuries, losses or damages of any kind resulting from participation in or the acceptance of, use, misuse, possession, loss or misdirection of any prize or the publication of the winning submission. (4) That contestant irrevocably assigns and transfers to the RVCCArts AND AIKEN & FRIENDS FEST - NORTH BRANCH and its assigns all rights in the submission, including, without limitation, all copyrights (5) That the Submission will not be returned (6) That Contestant grants to the RVCCArts AND AIKEN & FRIENDS FEST - NORTH BRANCH and its assigns the right to publish, use, adapt, edit and/or modify such Submission in any way and in any and all media, without limitation, and without consideration or acknowledgment to the contestant.
Notwithstanding the above, the RVCCArts AIKEN & FRIENDS FEST - NORTH BRANCH claims no ownership of the design of any unpublished submission. Each entrant by entering the contest agrees that the Entry becomes the property OF RVCCArts and will not be returned.