WHEN: Thursday, January 17 (7:00-9:00); Friday, January 18 (7:00-9:00).Additional auditions for youth performers (ages 5-13) will be held from 6:00-7:00 each night. Callbacks will be held on Saturday, January 19 (by invitation). While in person auditions are ideal and encouraged, video submissions sent to firstname.lastname@example.org will be accepted for those who cannot attend on the listed dates.
WHERE: Hamilton Stage, 360 Hamilton Street, Rahway, NJ 07065
Director/Choreographer: Lindsay Maron
Music Director: Joe Elefante
With equal measures of pluck and positivity, little orphan Annie charms everyone's hearts despite a next-to-nothing start in 1930s New York City. She is determined to find the parents who abandoned her years ago on the doorstep of a New York City Orphanage that is run by the cruel, embittered Miss Hannigan. With the help of the other girls in the Orphanage, Annie escapes to the wondrous world of NYC.
In adventure after fun-filled adventure, Annie foils Miss Hannigan's evil machinations...and even befriends President Franklin Delano Roosevelt! She finds a new home and family in billionaire, Oliver Warbucks, his personal secretary, Grace Farrell, and a lovable mutt named Sandy.
General Production Information
- We will rehearse SOME Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays and a couple of Sundays beginning January 24. During the week, rehearsals will be scheduled between 6:00-10:00. Saturday rehearsals may be scheduled anytime between 10:00-6:00. Sunday rehearsals may be scheduled anytime between 1:00-9:00. Prior to tech, performers will be called roughly 2-3 days per week (sometimes less).
- Rehearsal conflicts will be accepted prior to casting. The schedule will be determined based on cast availability.
- Rehearsals and performances March 10-24 are mandatory.
- Not all roles will be called for every rehearsal and not everyone will be called for the entire duration each day. Schedules will be based on rehearsal needs and cast availability. Cast members will only be called for rehearsal when their scenes/songs are being rehearsed.
- Some roles may be double cast.
- All rehearsals will be held in Rahway, NJ. Performances will be at the Hamilton Stage at UCPAC (360 Hamilton Street in Rahway)
- A full sized live dog will be used for this production