Hopewell Community Campout
WHEN: Saturday, June 23, into Sunday, June 24.
WHERE: St. Michaels Farm Preserve in the field in front of the Charles Evans Overlook.
REGISTRATION FEE: Advance (non-refundable) $45 registration must accompany each application. Register online at drgreenway.org or via hard copy which may be obtained at Hopewell Borough Hall. If completing a hard copy form, please make checks payable to D&R Greenway Land Trust. Send completed forms to Hopewell Community Campout 2018, c/o D&R Greenway, One Preservation Place, Princeton, NJ 08540.
The non-refundable registration fee covers breakfast, s’mores, supplies, sanitary facilities and other event costs. Foul weather, either the day of or during preceding days, may require cancellation—participants will be notified by e-mail if the event must be cancelled. There is no rain date, and the non-refundable registration fee will become a donation if the event is cancelled.
Parking will be in the field across Aunt Molly Road, and tractor rides to camp sites will be provided. Participants need not be Hopewell residents, but everyone must register before the event.
Now you can enjoy D&R Greenway Land Trust preserved lands under a night sky! All ages will gather around the campfire to celebrate nature in summer as fireflies perform their light show.
In partnership with D&R Greenway, Hopewell Borough invites the public to enjoy the Hopewell Community Campout.
- Sunrise yoga will begin at 6:30 a.m. on Sunday.
- Scout demonstrations and “fairy house” building, popular features of past campouts, will return
- Traditional campfire with s'mores in the Campout S‘more Fire Pit.
- Other activities are planned for the entire family.
- Guests may bring firefly-catch-and-release containers.
- Guitars, banjos and tambourines are encouraged.
- Campers supply their own tents, sleeping bags, water bottles, snacks, picnic blankets and chairs, flashlights and/or headlamps. Campsites measure 20-by-20 feet.
- Guests for this family event are asked to bring picnic suppers that do not require flame. Bring a full water bottle for each camper—water refills will be provided.
- Complimentary breakfast on Sunday morning is included.
- Alcohol is not permitted.