From Summit Downtown, Inc. (SDI)
Summit Downtown, Inc. (SDI) is excited to debut their second new event for the month this Thursday: Family Fun Night! Summit Street Sounds will continue this Thursday evening as well. See you in Summit!
WHEN: Thursday, June 14, 4-8 PM
WHERE: Beechwood Road, Bank Street, and the Bank Street parking lot will be transformed into a carnival-themed kid zone
Special thanks to Lois Schneider Realtor for making this fun evening possible!
There will be a main stage at the top of Beechwood Road near Springfield Avenue with children’s music, live animals, and a magic show! The Bank Street Parking Lot will be a game zone, provided by the Summit Area YMCA. Stop by to play giant connect four, foosball, four square, giant foot darts, air hockey, and more. SDI encourages families to enjoy dinner at one of Summit Downtown’s many excellent restaurants before or after visiting Family Fun Night. There will also be two downtown businesses selling from their food trucks on Bank Street: Mexican Spice and Pizza Vita. Beechwood Road will be lined with activities, games and more! See below for a full list.
Main Stage Schedule*
- 4:00-4:30pm – World of Rock Teachers and Students Perform
- 4:45-5:30pm – A fun and educational live animal show from Rizzo’s Wildlife World
- 5:45-6:45pm – Live children’s music from the Songs for Seeds Band
- 7:00-7:30pm – A magic show by magician Mark ”Wow Mark” Zacharia
- 7:30-8:00pm – World of Rock Trio
Beechwood Road Activities:
- Balloon artist
- Face painter (thanks to Genualdi Orthodontics)
- A chance to learn more about the animals from Rizzo’s
- Remote control car racing
- Old-fashioned photo booth
- Juggling stilt walker
- Hair chalk, slime making, and tie dying from Color Me Mine
- Robotics games from Robot Revolution
- Selfie station and cotton candy at Sweet Nothings
- Crafts and a prize drawing from Kidville
- Creative writing games from the The Writers Circle
- Sweet treats from Brownie Points Baker
- Popcorn at Regal Bank
- Bowling from EXCEL Physical Therapy
- Ring toss and temporary tattoos from Alba Boutique
- Corn toss, a spinning wheel with prizes, and decorated face-in-hole from Brain Balance
- Bean bag toss from The Red Balloon Summit
Summit Street Sounds
Looking for something else to do downtown on Thursday? The second day of Summit Street Sounds will be this Thursday! Downtown will be alive with music from 5-8pm this and every Thursday night in June. Enjoy a meal at one of Summit’s many outdoor cafes, listen to some great live music, and shop at the downtown businesses, some of which will be open late. See you in Summit!
This week’s Summit Street Sounds Performers:
- Promenade (Next to MONDO, 426 Springfield Avenue) – Daniel Rufolo, jazz piano
- Parklet (By Tito’s Burritos + Batavia, 356 Springfield Avenue) – Bud Ayres Duo, jazz
- Horse Trough (By Pizza Vita, 7 Union Place) – Matthew Runciman, Singer, songwriter, guitarist
- DUE 360 (corner of Union Pl. and Maple St.) – Night of the Living Funk Duo, progressive jazz and funk
- Winberie’s (2 Kent Place Blvd.) – Nat Grauman, Singer and guitarist
*Performers and locations subject to change. Check our website for a full list of performers and locations: summitdowntown.org.
Summit Downtown, Inc. is a nonprofit organization dedicated to the on-going development and promotion of the business community in downtown Summit, NJ.