WHEN: Wednesdays, June 20, 2018, through July 25 at 7:30 PM
WHERE: Rodda Hall at the Chatham United Methodist Church, 460 Main Street (Route 124).
ADMISSION: Booklets containing five admission tickets are available for $65, and tickets may be shared. Student and listener admission is $7.50. Admission to each Sing at the door is $15 including refreshments and loaner scores.
To buy tickets online and for more information on the complete program and guest conductors, visit www.masterwork.org.
Each week features a prominent area conductor leading community singers, professional soloists and an accompanist in favorites of the choral repertoire.
On the calendar for 2018 are
- Mozart’s Requiem and J. S. Bach’s Cantata 196 (Der Herr denket an uns) with Chris Shepard (June 20)
- Vivaldi’s Gloria and Poulenc Gloria with Thomas Juneau (June 27)
- Fauré’s Requiem and Cantique de Jean Racine
- J. S. Bach’s Cantata 140 (Wachet auf) with Anne Matlack (July 11)
- Brahms’ A German Requiem, Rutter’s The Lord Is My Shepherd and Mendelssohn’s Verleih uns Frieden with Ryan Brandau (July18)
- Verdi’s Requiem with Martin Sedek. (July 25).
- Note there is no Sing on July 4.
More than 500 singers from north and central New Jersey took part in the Sings in 2017, with comments ranging from “What fun, and so musically fulfilling” to ”I come because of the joy of singing beautiful music with wonderful people.”