Circle Players and director Brian Craig are pleased to announce auditions for the fifth production in our 2017-2018 season:
Stupid F**ing Bird
by Aaron Posner
WHEN: Thursday, February 22nd, 7:30 to 9:30 pm; Sunday, February 25th, 3 pm to 7 pm. Callbacks on Monday, February 26th, 7:30 to 9:30 pm. (Please note callbacks are by invitation only.)
WHERE: Circle Players, 416 Victoria Ave., Piscataway
If you have any questions please feel free to comment below or shoot us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In this irreverent, contemporary and very funny remix of Chekhov’s The Seagull, Aaron Posner stages a timeless battle between young and old, past and present, in search of the true meaning of it all. This play will tickle, tantalize, and incite you to consider how art, love and revolution fuel your own pursuit of happiness.
Performance dates: April 27th – May 13th, 2018.
- CONRAD, or CON (early to mid-20s). Son of EMMA. Aspiring playwright. In love with NINA. Passionate, idealistic, on the edge.
- DEV (20s). Friend of CON. In love with MASH. Somewhat eccentric. Passionate but with his feet planted relatively on the ground. Actor must play or learn to play the ukulele.
- MASH (20s), Cook/helper to EMMA. In love with CON. Bitter about her lot in life, with an acerbic wit. Actor must be able to sing and play or learn to play the ukulele, as MASH sings three songs.
- NINA (early 20s). Neighbor of EMMA and CON. Aspiring actor. Initially in love with CON but star struck by TRIGORIN. Beautiful but flighty.
- EMMA (early to mid-40s). Mother of CON, lover of TRIGORIN, Star of stage and screen. Larger than life. Owns the house where the action takes place.
- TRIGORIN (late 30s to mid-40s). Lover of EMMA. World famous author. Self-absorbed. “Quiet and humble and unassuming in this very unassuming little way that makes sure you know how humble he is.”
- SORN (late 50s to mid-60s). Brother of EMMA, uncle to CON. Doctor. Kindhearted. Facing his mortality, he looks back regretfully at his past.