WHERE: Hunterdon County Fairgrounds (a.k.a. South County Park, 1207 Route 179, Ringoes, NJ 08551)
WHERE: Quarry at the Red Mill Museum Village (56 Main Street, Clinton, NJ 08809).
WHERE: White Oak Park (235 Baird Street, Branchburg, NJ).
WHERE: inside the air-conditioned sanctuary of Whitehouse United Methodist Church (73 Old Highway 28, Whitehouse, NJ 08888)
At each of these concerts, attendees can expect to hear a wide range of the band’s repertoire. This includes classical transcriptions, such as Franz Schubert’s Rosamunde Overture; selections from Broadway shows, such as The Sound of Music and Les Misérables; patriotic marches and tunes, such as “Stars and Stripes Forever” by John Philip Sousa and a tribute to our armed forces; musical selections from films such as Star Wars; and even arrangements of classic rock songs, such as those by the Beach Boys.
ADMISSION: These concerts are free and open to the general public, although free-will offerings will be accepted.
The Whitehouse Wind Symphony was founded by conductor emeritus Casey Bork on April 15, 1996. It is dedicated to presenting the best in all varieties of wind band literature. Since its founding, the band has grown rapidly, attracting experienced musicians as regular members from all over New Jersey, as well as New York City and eastern Pennsylvania. It is now comprised of approximately 50 amateur and professional musicians who perform together regularly to enthusiastic audiences throughout central and northern New Jersey. The band was recently named the winner of the 2022 Hunterdon Happening List in the category of favorite band/musician!
The Whitehouse Wind Symphony is committed to making music accessible to all. For information about venue accessibility, please send an email to email@example.com, or call the band’s ADA coordinator, Margaret Smith, at 908-534-6662.
Funding has been made possible in part by the New Jersey State Council on the Arts/Department of State, a Partner Agency of the National Endowment for the Arts, through funds administered by the Hunterdon County Cultural & Heritage Commission.