Morris Arts Fest—outdoor arts festival, Sept. 12, CALL FOR ARTISTS
WHEN: Saturday, September 12, 2020, from 3:00 pm – 7:00 pm (Rain date: Sunday, September 13, 2020, from 3:00 pm – 7:00 pm)
WHERE: Lewis Morris Park (Sugarloaf Area) at 270 Mendham Rd, Morristown, NJ
In collaboration with the Morris County Park Commission, Morris Arts will present Morris Arts Fest, an outdoor art exhibit and sale featuring Morris County area visual artists, musicians and performers.
At present, Morris Arts has issued a CALL FOR ARTISTS – including visual artists, musicians and performers to participate in this fun and family-friendly afternoon of the arts!
The application deadline is Monday, August 31, 2020.
- All art mediums are eligible to apply.
- The registration fee to participate is $25.
- The registration fees is non-refundable and due at the time of application approval.
- Exhibitors are encouraged to bring a small tent and water to keep cool.
- Exhibitors must stay with their artwork for the duration of the event.
- Exhibitors are not permitted to sell food or beverage or any other items on site.
- All current social distancing guidelines are mandatory.
- All artists must wear a face mask for the duration of the event.
- Morris Arts will not take a sales commission for any artwork sold.
- Electrical hook-up will not be available for exhibitors.
- Pets are not permitted.
Set-up and break-down:
- Set-up begins no earlier than 12:00 pm on Saturday, September 12, 2020 (or on the rain date of Sunday, September 13th).
- All set-up items (such as personal tents, tables, chairs, etc.) are the artists’ responsibility.
- All set-up and break-down is solely the responsibility of the artist.
- Break-down may not occur before 7:00 pm and must be completed by 8:00 pm on Saturday, September 12th (or on the rain date of Sunday, September 13th)
- Exhibit space must be left trash free.
How to Apply:
To begin the application process, please email the following information to Kaity De Laura at firstname.lastname@example.org:
1. Artist name
2. Brief bio or summary of artwork
3. Photo examples of the artwork you wish to bring to the event
4. Artist website (if applicable)
You will receive a response no later than 48 hours after submission. If approved, you will be emailed the registration link to confirm your registration. We will send you your set-up location and map one week prior to event. The registration fee is $25 and is non-refundable.
Please note: The Sugarloaf area at Lewis Morris Park will have restrooms and parking. You will be setting up in the open field which is why personal tents are encouraged.
For more information on Lewis Morris Park visit: https://www.morrisparks.net/
Click here for a map of the Sugarloaf Area at Lewis Morris Park.
Questions? Please contact Kaity De Laura at email@example.com or (973) 285-5115 ext. 14.
Morris Arts, located in Morristown, NJ, is a not-for-profit organization founded in 1973 dedicated to building community through the arts. Using the arts to inspire, connect and engage, Morris Arts serves as a resource for Morris County with a special focus on arts programming in the schools and in the community, arts advocacy, creative placemaking and support of the Morris Area community of artists and arts organizations.
The New Jersey State Council on the Arts has awarded the Morris Arts a “Citation of Excellence” and designated it as a “Major Service Organization” in recognition of its “solid history of service excellence, substantial activity and broad public service.”