Join us for a FREE Virtual Play Reading Party on Zoom. Have your drinks and desserts handy and sit back and enjoy the Play Reading of FAMILY INHERITANCE, Written & Directed by Anthony Fusco, on SUNDAY, MAY 31ST @ 6:45 PM EST (U.S. and Canada)
As a family tries to bond with their only son, he discovers an inheritance that was passed on to him at birth.
The cast includes: BINIYAM ABREHA as Niles Warren, ELIZABETH COTTLE as Tara, MARSHA-ANN HAY as Patricia Warren, MATTHEW PRIESTER as Damon Warren, and CHRIS DAWSON as James.
There will be a TALK BACK afterwards with the Playwright and Cast after the reading. Van Dirk Fisher, Founder & Artistic Director of the Riant Theatre and producer of the JOCUNDA MUSIC, FILM & THEATRE FESTIVAL will be the moderator.
RSVP to join the party on Zoom at JocundaFilmFestival@gmail.com
This class might be right for you if you:
· Are a playwright of any level looking to start the first draft of your new play;
· Are starting out in the world of playwriting or want to write your first play;
· If you want feedback on a play you’ve been writing and would like to do some rewrites;
· Want to learn some of the elements of writing a play, building a character and telling your story.
In this class you will:
· Read various plays of different genres and discuss them;
· Be given assignments in class to write a scene in 15 minutes and then have people read your scene aloud and receive feedback;
· Bring in new pages and have them read aloud in class by others and receive feedback;
· Be given assignments to strengthen your writing skills;
· Network with other artists in the class;
· Receive inspiration from invited industry guest speakers; and
· Some playwrights may be invited to submit their plays to the acclaimed Strawberry One-Act Festival and the Jocunda Music, Film & Theatre Festival in New York City.
For the Zoom Class your instructor will send you a link to enter the Zoom Class.
You can access Zoom on your computer, laptop or your mobile. You just click the link to launch the virtual classroom via your web browser. In the Zoom Meeting, each participant can share their webcam so that you’re not only hearing your instructor and classmates, but seeing them too, making it feel similar to being in a classroom. Other collaborative Zoom features include Breakout Rooms in which students can meet in smaller groups. You can share videos and transfer files for your assignments. If you can’t log in on your computer you can call in on your phone so you can still participate if you find yourself without access to your computer or internet access. And Zoom has an Apple and Android app, making it possible to take part in class from any device.
The Riant Theatre is casting for a Zoom Play Reading of THE BREAKING POINT by Karen Brown, which will be on Sunday, June 7th at 6:45pm EST. Rehearsals will be on Zoom on Tues, June 2nd and Thurs, June 4th and possibly Sat, June 6th.
Setting: A small town in Connecticut. Home of John Johnson and his son Tim Johnson. Tim was a successful Hollywood screenwriter who had to return home to his father’s home after a he suffered a psychotic breakdown.
John Johnson: Father of Tim Johnson, 56 years old, African-American. His wife left him 22 years ago.
Tim Johnson: Son of John Johnson, 28 years old, African-American. Tim was a successful Hollywood screenwriter who had to return home to his father’s home after a he suffered a psychotic breakdown.
Tina Johnson: John’ estranged wife, 54 years old, frail body, is dying from breast cancer.
Lynette Pettigrew: John’s girlfriend of 22 years, 54 years old. She and John have one son together named Dale.
If you are interested in auditioning for a role email us your picture and resume at RiantTheatre@gmail.com. We will email you audition sides and you can send us an audition tape. All actors selected for the Zoom Play Reading must have access to a computer, laptop or an iPad in order to participate.
To receive an application:
Vendor's Tables are $350 for a day. $650 for 2 days. $950 for 3 days. All Vendors will receive a Business Card size ad in our Festival Guide and Digital Promotion on our social media pages. On Friday, August 14th Vendors can set up at 6pm. The first show begins at 7pm and the After Party ends at 4am. On Saturday, August 15th and Sunday, August 16th vendors can set up at 10am. The first show begins at 11am and Series of shows ends at 6pm. The 2nd Round of Vendors can set up at 6pm and stay until 4am. You can choose to have a table on Saturday and/or Sunday for the 1st Session (10am-6pm) or the 2nd Session (6pm-4am).
Email us to receive an application at JocundaFilmFestival@gmail.com