Twilight Fly-Fishing at Rising of Full Moon
WHEN: Thursday, June 17. Registration at 5:30 p.m. is followed by Bruce Turner, Princeton Orvis’ Fly-Fishing Manager, who will share expert secrets of successful fly-fishing, during the light meal. Hands-on demonstration and actual fly-fishing (for those with licenses to fish) follow.
WHERE: Stony Brook, which runs alongside D&R Greenway’s Johnson Education Center, off Rosedale Road. Meet at D&R Greenway, One Preservation Place, Princeton 08540
TICKETS: Registration is $35 per person, which includes meal and use of Orvis rods and flies.
To register, Rsvp@drgreenway.org.
D&R Greenway invites the public to an evening of fly-fishing, in the company of experts, with stellar equipment provided by the event’s co-sponsor, Orvis of Princeton. Fish are more easily caught at dawn and at dusk, and at the time of a full moon.
- All skill levels welcome.
- Recommended for ages 10 and over.
- Wear clothing and footwear appropriate to being near and in the brook.
- Insect repellant, sunscreen are suggested.
- A current fishing license and stamp are required to actively catch fish in the Stonybrook, but are not required for the demonstration. A fishing license can be purchased on line and printed out on www.njfishandwildlife.com.
A current fishing license and stamp are required to actively catch fish in the Stonybrook, but are not required for the demonstration.
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles. —Doug Larson