The Kaplen JCC on the Palisades is currently seeking painters, photographers, digital artists and other creative designers to exhibit at its Waltuch Art Gallery, located on the center’s second floor. The focus of the gallery is to exhibit thematically Jewish artwork or art produced by Jewish artists.
To be considered for a solo exhibition, please submit the following:
• A brief bio and artist’s statement
• The title of your show and the show’s theme
• 3 or 4 high resolution jpegs of pieces that you’d plan to include in the show, as well as your website, if you have one.
• Price range of your work.
Important information for artists who are selected for exhibition:
• Exhibits typically run monthly for 4 weeks
• Exhibits include a meet-the-artist reception, hosted by the artist, who purchases food through the JCC Cafe. The JCC will provide coffee, tea and paper goods for the event.
• All work on exhibit should be for sale, allowing a portion of the proceeds to support JCC programming.
• The JCC publicizes all shows and receptions in local newspapers and websites, as well as in JCC
marketing materials and on its website.
• Exhibitions are accessible for viewing and purchase during all hours of JCC operations from 9 am to 10 pm, Monday through Thursday, and Friday and Sunday from 9 am to 5pm. (Fridays in winter JCC closes at 4 pm).
Submissions should be sent to Nina Bachrach at email@example.com. For further information, Nina can also be reached at 201.408.1406.