WHEN: Monday, June 11, and Tuesday, June 12, (by appointment)
WHERE: Hamilton Stage, 360 Hamilton Street, Rahway
Schedule An Appointment
We are proud to present the first-ever pilot production of this beloved musical!
Matilda is a little girl with astonishing wit, intelligence and psychokinetic powers. She's unloved by her cruel parents but impresses her schoolteacher, the highly loveable Miss Honey. Over the course of her first term at school, Matilda and Miss Honey have a profound effect on each other's lives, as Miss Honey begins not only to recognize but also appreciate Matilda's extraordinary personality. Matilda's school life isn't completely smooth sailing, however—the school's mean headmistress, Miss Trunchbull, hates children and just loves thinking up new punishments for those who don't abide by her rules. But Matilda has courage and cleverness in equal amounts, and could be the school pupils' saving grace!
We are looking for BOTH young performers (ages 6-12) and teenagers (ages 13-18) to star in this production.
This adaptation stays true to the original production and there are LOTS of amazing roles available for all ages!
NOTE: If you are unavailable to attend auditions in person, you are welcome to submit a video audition to firstname.lastname@example.org (including a link to a video of your performance and your completed audition form) by Tuesday, June 12, at 8:00pm.
- Please prepare a 32-bar cut of a contemporary musical theatre song. Bring clearly marked music in a book or binder. An accompanist will be provided. You are welcome to sing from the show.
- Auditioners will be brought into the room one at a time to explain their cut to the pianist and then perform their selection for the audition panel.
- We strongly encourage you to print and complete the audition form ahead of time.
- You will receive an email by Thursday, June 14, if we would like to see you for a callback. Callbacks will be held on either 6/16 or 6/17 depending on availability. A makeup date will be provided if needed.
Some/all roles may be double cast.
- Participants will rehearse this brand new show for two weeks before presenting it with full costumes, lights, set, props, and magic on UCPAC's 1,300 seat Main Stage
- The program rehearses from 10:00-4:00 Monday-Friday from July 23-August 3 at UCPAC's Main Stage.
- We will have 3-4 performances total from August 3-5. All cast members will perform at least twice.
FEE: There is a $495 tuition fee for this program (less than $50 per day!). This tuition includes production photos, a DVD of the performance, and a souvenir t-shirt.
NOTE: A limited number of work-based scholarship opportunities are available for ages 16+. Email email@example.com for more information.