Generations: Influences of the Modern Age
WHEN: Friday, March 23 at 8:00 p.m.; Saturday, March 24 at 8:00 p.m.
WHERE: Two River Theater, 21 Bridge Avenue, Red Bank, New Jersey
WHEN: Friday, April 6 at 8:00 p.m.; Saturday, April 7 at 8:00 p.m.
WHERE: The Kaye Playhouse at Hunter College, East 68th Street (between Park & Lexington Avenues), New York, NY
WHEN: Friday, April 20 at 8:00 p.m.
WHERE: McCarter Theatre Center, 91 University Place, Princeton, NJ
SUMMER INTENSIVE is a program of serious study in a warm and companionable atmosphere. The faculty provides caring and careful instruction conducive to technical and artistic progress. In seeking to maintain a feeling of community, PRINCETON BALLET SCHOOL purposely limits the number of students in class.
- Sample a taste of professional life in a full-day (9:30 a.m.—5:00 p.m.) dance experience, including rehearsals for a performance.
- Grow technically through five hours of daily ballet technique, including pointe.
- Deepen understanding of important concepts in injury prevention, such as proper alignment and rotation.
- Set effective goals and learn to increase personal discipline and focus.
- Expand dance background through classes in modern dance and theater dance.
- Exercise creativity by participating in the optional choreography workshop.
- Develop group communication and leadership skills when choreographing with peers, while establishing friendships with equally committed young dancers.
- Interact with dedicated professionals, including the teaching staff and American Repertory Ballet’s professional company members.
Please ensure your video includes the following:
- Barre exercises – Pliés, tendus, dégagés, rond de jambes, grand battements, adagio.
- Center exercises – Adagio, Across the floor Pirouette, Petit Allegro, Grand Allegro.
- Women should show two pointe exercises (one with pirouette)
Please upload the video to an online service like Youtube.com or Vimeo.com and email the link as well as your audition form, headshot and first arabesque (en pointe for women) photo to Carol Bellis at firstname.lastname@example.org