Young Artist Concerto Competition
WHEN: Saturday, February 17, 2018, beginning at 10:30 am.
WHERE: Livingston Public Library, 30 Robert Harp Drive, Livingston, New Jersey.
Princeton violinist Asher Wulfman, a student of Marilyn McDonald at Oberlin Conservatory, was the accomplished winner of last year’s scholarship with his performance of Mendelssohn's Violin Concerto in e minor. He received not only a scholarship but the opportunity to perform his chosen concerto, in its entirety and in concert, with what is regarded as one of the finest regional ensembles in the state of New Jersey.
As always, this annual competition is open to all legal residents of the State of New Jersey between the ages of 14 and 21. The winner receives a $1000 scholarship to further his/her music studies and will perform the winning concerto this year at the Livingston Symphony Orchestra's May 12, 2018 concert. Young artists must apply beforehand to participate in the competition and can find downloadable applications and competition procedures on the Livingston Symphony Orchestra website, www.lsonj.org.
Applications must be mailed in and POSTMARKED no later than January 31, 2018. Mail application with $50 (check or money order) nonrefundable registration fee to: Livingston Symphony Orchestra YACC, P.O. Box 253, Livingston, NJ 07039
- Applicants are required to prepare an entire concerto (or other work of similar stature written for solo instrument with orchestra accompaniment)
- Audition piece must be performed from memory.
- Piano accompaniment is required at audition. Participants must arrange for their own accompanists. Piano is on premises for the accompanist.
- Participants will be evaluated, by a panel of three judges, on technique, interpretation, presentation, and other pertinent criteria.
- Participants are required to provide a copy of the music to each of the judges at the time of their audition. Music will be returned to participant at conclusion of their audition.
- Decision of the judges is final. Winner must be available to perform on May 12, 2018.
For additional information on the Livingston Symphony Orchestra’s upcoming Young Artist Concerto Competition, feel free to visit the orchestra on facebook, email email@example.com or phone 973-886-9525.