Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead
by Tom Stoppard
director Mikaela Kafka
WHEN: December 4th,and 7th at 7:30pm, with a callback date of December 16th. (Please note the callback is closed, therefore please do not attend unless you have been invited to do so.)
WHERE: Circle Players, 416 Victoria Ave., Piscataway
Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead is a modern dramatic masterpiece that tells the tale of Hamlet from the worm’s-eye view of the bewildered minor characters in Shakespeare’s play. In Tom Stoppard’s best-known work, this Shakespearean Laurel and Hardy finally get a chance to take the lead role, but in a world where echoes of Waiting for Godot resound, and reality and illusion intermix.
The production runs March 9th - March 25th, 2018
We seek actors with great comedic timing, physical training, and stage combat, a plus. No roles are ethnically specific. Please see the Character Breakdown below for more information about each role.
Audition sides will soon be available - please check back for more information.
If you have any questions please feel free to comment below or shoot us an e-mail at email@example.com
- Rosencrantz (20's 30's): Everyman. The more pragmatic of the duo.
- Guildenstern (20's 30's): Everyman. The more philosophical of the duo.
- The Player (m/f, any age): The commandeering, Theatrical Director of the Traveling Acting Troupe.
- Alfred (male, any age): One of the tragedians of slight build. The Player's underling sidekick.
- THREE Tragedians: Actors of the Traveling troupe. Very heightened physical comedy. Ability to play an instrument a huge plus. Especially Flute, Recorder, Percussion, and guitar of some sort (lute, uke, etc.)
- Hamlet (male, late 20's, 30's)
- Gertrude (female): Mother to Hamlet, Queen.
- Claudius (male): Newly crowned King, step father to Hamlet.
- Polonius (male): Pompous elderly Lord Chamberlain, father to Ophelia.
- Ophelia (female): Polonius' daughter, potential wife to Hamlet.
- Horatio (male): Hamlet's friend. will also double as soldier and ambassador.
- Fortinbras (male): Contemporary of Hamlet, Prince of Norway. Will double as soldier and Court member.