Centenary Stage Company’s first professional theatrical production of the 2017 – 18 season, Freyda Thomas’ hilarious adaptation of Moliere’s penultimate play The Learned Ladies features a variety of special offerings and events to accompany the production
WHEN: October 6 through 22
WHERE: Lackland Performing Arts Center, 715 Grand Ave., Hackettstown
There is comic mayhem in Chrysale’s household as the women of the house rabidly pursue the new intellectual movement of the era. Add a meek husband, a pretentious poet, a loony sister and a couple of sassy servants to complete what some reviewers have called “a giddy evening of theatre!”
- Audio Described Performance: On Sunday, October 15 at 2pm Centenary Stage Company will be hosting a special “Access to the Arts” performance featuring an Audio – Described Performance. Audio description is a verbal commentary that tells patrons with visual impairments what is happening on the stage during the performance. Within a sound proof booth, a trained describer relates the action on stage to patrons equipped with a listening device via a radio sound system so that any visually impaired patron may enjoy the production fully and independently. Access Pricing is $20.00.
- Student Rush Tickets: Centenary Stage Company is offering $5.00 student rush tickets to any student for any Friday evening performance. Offer is only valid for in person ticket sales at the CSC box office and do not extend to advance ticket sales. Students of College age are asked to present a student ID from their institution of study. Students of High School age or younger are asked to simply provide the box office with the name of the school they attend. Offer does not extend to advance tickets sales via phone or online.
- Talkback with Playwright, Freyda Thomas: On Sunday, October 8 after the 2pm matinee performance the cast and creative team of The Learned Ladies will be joined by playwright, Freyda Thomas to host a special talkback with the audience. Thomas an actor, vocalist and playwright known for her adaptations of classical plays for the American stage has had her plays produced all across the country. Her adaptation of The Learned Ladies made its New York City debut at Classic Stage Company starring Jean Stapleton which then transferred to American Conservatory Theater in San Francisco. Her other adaptations including Tartuffe: Born Again was produced at Circle in the Square on Broadway, starring Tony Award-winning John Glover and The Gamester, inspired by a little-known French classic called Le Joueur was a finalist in 2000 for the prestigious Susan Smith Blackburn Playwriting Award, premiered at Chicago’s Northlight Theatre and subsequently produced by The Repertory Theatre of St. Louis and again by ACT in San Francisco. Regular matinee ticket prices apply.
- Buy One/Get One Rush Ticket Special: Centenary Stage Company continues its tradition of offering the very popular BOGO Rush Ticket Special for Thursday evening performances. To qualify for the BOGO Rush Ticket Special tickets must be purchased in person at the CSC box office as early as two hours prior to performance time. BOGO Rush Ticket Special is not valid for advance tickets sales via phone or online. Offer is valid for Thursday evening performances only and may not be combined with any other offer or discount. BOGO tickets are $27.50 for all seats.
- Opening Night Post-Show Reception: Centenary Stage Company will be hosting a post-show reception on opening night Friday, October 6 following the 8pm performance. Refreshments will be served and audience members will have the opportunity to meet and mingle with the cast and creative team of The Learned Ladies. Regular Friday evening ticket prices apply.
WHEN: October 6 through October 22; Fridays, October 6, 13 and 20 at 8pm; Saturdays, October 7, 14 and 21 at 8pm; Sundays, October 8, 15, and 22 at 2pm; Thursdays, October 12 and 19 at 7:30pm and Wednesdays, October 11 and 18 at 2pm.
TICKETS: $27.50 for adults and $17.50 for children under 12 on Friday evening and all matinee performances. Saturday evening performances are $29.50 for adults and $17.50 for children under 12. Thursday evening BOGO Rush Ticket Special prices are $27.50 for all seats.
Centenary Stage Company’s production of The Learned Ladies is sponsored in part by The House of the Good Shepherd and Heath Village Retirement Community.
For more information or to purchase tickets visit www.centenarystageco.org or call (908) 979 – 0900. The Centenary Stage Company box office is open Monday through Friday from 1 – 5pm and two hours prior to each show. The box office is located in the Lackland Performing Arts Center at 715 Grand Ave. Hackettstown, NJ. Centenary Stage Company can also be found across social media platforms; Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Like and follow to receive the latest in CSC news and special offers.
The 2017-2018 season of Theatre is sponsored by The House of the Good Shepherd. The Season Producer of the Centenary Stage Company performing arts series is Heath Village. All events at Centenary Stage Company are made possible through the generous support of the Geraldine R. Dodge Foundation, the NJ State Council on the Arts, the Shubert Foundation, the Blanche and Irving Laurie Foundation, the Sandra Kupperman Foundation, and CSC corporate sponsors, including Hackettstown Medical Center, Home Instead Senior Care (Washington), and Fulton Bank of New Jersey, and Centenary Stage Company members and supporters.