La Strada Ensemble Theater returns with
Crazy Love Part II: A Festival of Passion
WHEN: March 31st at 8pm, April 1st at 8pm and April 2nd at 4pm
WHERE: Jersey Shore Arts Center (Old Neptune High School), Herbst Theater on the 3rd Floor, 66 South Main Street, Ocean Grove.
Visit us at www.lastradaensemble.org for more information.
"We received so many submissions from our company members when we announced Crazy Love that we knew we couldn’t do just one but two parts to this festival. Our first Crazy Love evening back in January was a hit. The second evening is even more dynamic and exciting than the first. With themes in the festival varying from playwright to playwright, how can you go wrong. Here you have superheroes, plays within plays, horse fetishes (it's not what you think), women teaching men how to be ideal partners, circus performers, potential partners in unlikely places and fallen heroes. Presenting new plays in New Jersey can be challenging with regard to getting an audience but our plays have generated true interest because they are exciting, bold and never been seen before" says A.J. Ciccotelli, artistic director and founding member of La Strada Ensemble Theater.
La Strada Ensemble Theater is 501c3 theater company and resident theater company of Jersey Shore Arts Center. Since their inauguration in 2014, they have been a mover and shaker of the theatrical scene in Monmouth County producing full lengths, workshop productions, one act evenings, staged readings, a writer’s group every last Sunday of the month and a Wednesday Night acting class. La Strada translates from Italian to ‘The Road’ or ‘The Street.” It is our passion to bring world and regional premieres to our street in Ocean Grove.
ONE ACT PLAYS FEATURED:
- TOMORROW'S VALENTINE'S DAY AND I HATE YOUR GUTS by Toms River resident Edward Shakespeare: In an office, two lovers spew hate while battling it out over their relationship questioning what is real?
- FRIEND ME by Chicago resident and founding member Gerry Ringwald: A lonely guy in a dragon suit tries to make a romantic connection on a NYC subway. Comedy ensures (we hope).
- DEAR DAPHNE by Neptune resident and founding member Doug Bollinger: A spring cleanup discovery leads a happy couple to explore their boundaries.
- THE CIRCUS STILL COMES TO TOWN by Los Angeles resident, NJ native and founding member Tom Cavanaugh: A high school girl with a stutter is swept off her feet by a circus roustabout and has a chance at true love, if her older, jealous sister doesn't steal him away.
- ONE TRICK PONY by NYC resident and founding member W. Allen Wrede: Mary's performs her one-woman play about incidents in Mary’s life that brought Mary to the life Mary now leads.
- WRINKLED by Ocean Grove resident Annabel Bisset: Two strangers stumble into each other and discover an unexpected likeness.
- THE SECOND FLOOR by British resident and founding member Robert Scott: Chloe is a ruthless businesswoman with little heart. Only one person knows why. When the past catches up with her in a broken lift we learn the truth about Chloe's anger and hatred with the world.
Please visit us on www.lastradaensemble.org, call us at 732-455-2748 or email us at email@example.com for more information, to purchase tickets, and for information on La Strada’s technique and scene study class for actors of all levels taught by founding members Dr. Donna Ault-Jacobson and A.J. Ciccotelli, M.F.A.