South Mountain TheaterWorks will hold a second night of auditions for
THE VOODOO YOODOO
a new comedy written by Lee Brodie
Directed by Ken Magos
Produced by South Mountain TheaterWorks
WHEN: Wednesday, January 18th from 7-9pm
WHERE: The Barn Theatre located at 32 Skyline Drive in Montville, NJ.
All performers are paid. A synopsis and casting info is posted below.
Specifically still seeking for the roles of KATE and SHEILA.
The dark arts hold a special intrigue for Kate, a magazine writer who's trying to convince her editors to run a feature story on modern day witchcraft. When Miss Athena, a professional voodoo queen comes to town, she recognizes Kate's untapped abilities, and convinces her to dabble in magic. What follows is either a string of bizarre coincides or a powerful spell unleashed by Kate that can't be controlled. As Kate tries to contain the fallout, circumstances spiral from the ridiculous to the sublime, and on the way lead to a graveyard, a séance and all kinds of mayhem culminating in a desperate attempt to resurrect her boss, who may not even be dead!
Performance Dates (one weekend): Saturday March 4th, Sunday March 5th
Rehearsal schedule will work around cast availability.
WHERE:: Burgdorff Performing Arts Center, 10 Durand Road, Maplewood, New Jersey (one weekend).
Pay: All performers will receive a stipend.
Character Breakdown: (all open, except for Vanessa and Dan)
- KATE: (20’s – 30’s) Energetic, pretty and quirky, she is an aspiring writer with a strong interest in all things paranormal
- SHEILA: (20’s – 30’s): Clever and pretty, she is Kate’s editor as well as good friend.
- ATHENA: (ageless): A handsome woman of no distinct age or heritage, she practices magic and witchcraft. Must be comfortable with blue language and able to morph seamlessly between Oda Mae Brown (Ghost) and June Cleaver (Leave It To Beaver)
- DAN: (30’s – 50’s) THIS ROLE IS CAST. Smart, handsome and often the voice of reason (he's an attorney), he’s Kate’s love interest.
- VANESSA: (50’s+): THIS ROLE IS CAST. A mature woman with a strong sense of personal style, she is the archetype of a successful executive.