The annual Montclair Jazz Festival is the biggest single one-day event in Montclair! Come on out and invite your neighbors, friends and family to celebrate the incredible, original American cultural tradition—JAZZ!
No tickets required! Bring folding chairs or a picnic blanket and enjoy a full day of live music!
Hosted by: the extraordinary Mistress of Ceremonies S. Epatha Merkerson, Emmy- and Golden Globe Award-winning actor, AND Gary Walker, legendary WBGO Jazz 88.3FM announcer, With internationally-celebrated jazz icons:
- DEE DEE BRiDGEWATER Quintet
- A CHRISTIAN McBRiDE Situation with DJ Logic + Bernard Purdie
- GEORGE COLEMAN Organ Quartet
- MICHELE ROSEWOMAN + NEW YOR-UBA
- along with The Jazz House Faculty Collective celebrates Prince + David Bowie
- And featuring LOUIS PRIMA, JR with the Jazz House Big Bands
- plus...More than 150 emerging jazz musicians!
Free parking and courtesy shuttle service
FREE parking and courtesy shuttle service has been arranged in the following Montclair locations for your convenience
- Orange Road Parking Deck - 41 Orange Road/34 Valley Road
- Hillside Square - 8 Hillside Avenue
- Hillside School - 54 Orange Road
- Montclair Art Museum (short walk to Hillside shuttle stop) - 3 S Mountain Avenue
Shuttle stop locations: The Montclair Jazz Festival shuttle will run on a loop approximately every 20 minutes from 11am - 10pm between the parking areas and festival site.
- Hillside School - Hillside Avenue side
- Nishuane Park - Cedar Avenue side
Additional parking options:
- Nishuane School (32 Cedar Street, across the street from Nishuane Park) will have some spaces available to the public.
- Street parking is available around Nishuane Park. Please be respectful of area residents and do not block driveways.
- Street parking is available around the Hillside School shuttle stop. Please be respectful of area residents and do not block driveways.
If you are coming from NYC:
- Take DeCamp Bus 66 from Port Authority to the festival site at Nishuane Park, at the corner of Harrison Ave. and Cedar Ave. in Montclair.
If you would like to contribute to the Jazz House Kids mission, make your donation today!