The Theater League of Clifton is holding open auditions for its November production of
The Odd Couple
the iconic comedy written by the award-winning Neil Simon
WHEN: Sunday 6/12 from 3:00-5:00pm, Monday 6/13 from 7:00-9:30pm with call backs by invitation on Tuesday 6/14 from 7:00-9:30, if necessary
WHERE: The Boys & Girls Club of Clifton, 181 Colfax Ave, Clifton.
Casting is for six men able to play characters between the ages of 35 and 55, and two women able to play characters 25 and up.
Oscar Madison and Felix Unger are poker buddies and best friends, but when Felix's wife throws him out of the house and he moves in with the already-separated Oscar, their contrary personalities put their friendship to the test in a big way. Even poker games have limits!
- Oscar Madison: A slovenly, recently divorced sportswriter.
- Felix Ungar: A fastidious, hypochondriac newswriter whose marriage is ending.
- Murray: A NYPD policeman, one of Oscar and Felix's poker buddies.
- Speed: One of the poker buddies. Gruff and sarcastic, often picking on Vinnie and Murray.
- Vinnie: One of the poker buddies. Vinnie is mild-mannered and henpecked, making him an easy target for Speed's verbal barbs.
- Roy: One of the poker buddies. Oscar's accountant. Roy has a dry wit but is less acerbic than Speed.
- Cecily and Gwendolyn Pigeon: Oscar and Felix's giggly upstairs neighbors, a pair of English sisters. The former is a divorcee, the latter a widow.
The Odd Couple is directed by Kirk Woodward and Produced by Maryann Irizarry with Stage Manager Tara Freifeld
Rehearsals will start in early September.
Performance dates are November 4, 5, 6 & 11, 12, 13 in Clifton.
For questions please email email@example.com or call 973-928-7668