AUDITION NOTICE: Become A Part Of A Holiday Tradition!
A CHRISTMAS CAROL
By Philip Wm. McKinley
Directed by Jeffery Fiorello
Choreographed by Megan Ferentinos
WHEN: Children (16 years and younger) on Saturday, September 13th from 1-4 PM
WHERE: Stanley Congregational Church, 94 Fairmount Ave, Chatham
WHEN: Adults (17 years and older) on Saturday, September 13th from 4-6 PM at and on Thursday, September 18th at 7:00 PM
WHERE: Chatham Playhouse, 23 N. Passaic Ave., Chatham
“Become a part of a holiday tradition!” The Chatham Community Players will hold open auditions for Philip Wm. McKinley's original musical adaptation of Charles Dickens' most famous work, A CHRISTMAS CAROL. This biennial event has been pleasing audiences in Chatham since 1988.
Director Jeffery Fiorello seeks a large cast of varying types and ages, all of whom need to sing and move well.
Production dates are December 5 thru 21, 2014.
Musical Director, Jack Bender, asks that auditioners
- be ready to sing a song, which shows their vocal range
- bring sheet music in the appropriate key and marked with chord changes.
- An accompanist will be provided.
- Child actors without previous audition experience or material can choose a traditional holiday song or another non-rock song that they know well.
In this version, produced exclusively at the Chatham Playhouse since 1988, Dickens serves not only as narrator, but also as a character that befriends Scrooge and walks beside him during his life-changing journey through memories and premonitions. While the script remains true to the original story, the playwright also pulled from letters that Dickens wrote to family and friends. The story of Ebenezer Scrooge has become one of the most beloved of all holiday tales, and this unique production also reminds us that Dickens’ inspiration for penning the story goes much deeper.
- Charles Dickens - a tenor who narrates the show
- Scrooge - the center of the production, requires a character baritone voice and an actor with both comic and dramatic range
- Tiny Tim - a young boy (or girl) soprano with a winning smile
- Bob Cratchit - a warm baritone
- Mrs. Cratchit - requires a mezzo soprano with a big heart
Additional Cast Members
- The Ghost of Christmas Past - (a young girl or boy with a lilting soprano) Should be a dancer or have had dance training.
- The Ghost of Christmas Present - (an imposing character tenor) Must be comfortable with music and be physically fit.
- Belle - an ingénue soprano age 18-24
- Mr. and Mrs. Fezziwig - comic character actors needed
Various Other Ensemble members portray a variety of roles including the Pawnbroker, Charwoman, Undertaker, Laundress, Cratchit Children, the Ghost of Marley, Young Scrooge, Fan, Scrooge's Nephew and Niece and Carolers.
The Chatham Players have an open call casting policy.
ALL roles are open, none are precast, and everyone is encouraged to audition.
Any questions, please call Leslie Reagoso at 973.769.3886 or email her at email@example.com.
For directions or additional information, please visit www.chathamplayers.org