RVCC Planetarium Public Star Shows
Just for Kids
- All shows run approximately 40 minutes.
- Admission: $7 for one show, $12 for two shows on the same day Call 908.231.8805 for reservations
Perfect Little Planet
A Brand New Show!
WHEN: Saturdays, May 18, at 3:00 PM; Wednesdays, July 10 - August 28, at 2:00 PM
A family from another star system is seeking the perfect vacation spot. Fly over the surface of Pluto, our best known Dwarf Planet. Dive over the ice cliffs of Miranda. Sail through the rings of Saturn. Avoid the lightning storms on Jupiter. And walk on the surface of Mars. Which destination will they choose? Recommended for ages 6-12.
Laser Kids 2
WHEN: Saturday, May 18, 3:00 PM
"Twist and Shout," "I Love Rock & Roll," and "Fireflies" are just a few of the fun songs in this show. How many songs can you sing along with?
Recommended for ages 6 - adult.
Rockin' Rocket Ride
WHEN: Sunday, May 19, 2:00 PM
Put on your space suit and blast off into outer space to visit the Sun, Moon, and planets. A lively experience for young stargazers.
Recommended for ages 3-8.
WHEN: Sunday, May 19, 3:00 PM
Your youngest audience members can sing along with songs by mr. RAY (Family Ride, Kalien the Alien) and Jane Murphy (Moon Rock Rock, The Planet Song), as well as "Purple People Eater" and "When You Wish Upon a Star."
Recommended for ages 3-8.
There are no public shows between May 20 and July 9.
The Sky Above
A planetarium show for families with children on the Autism Spectrum or with other developmental disabilities.
WHEN: Sunday, May 19; Sunday, June 9; Sunday, July 21; Sunday, August 18; 4:30 - 5:30 PM
ADMISSION: $5.00 per person
Please call 908.231.8805 to make a reservation as we are limiting the number of visitors for each show.
All ages are welcome to this one-hour sensory-friendly program. The show will provide a comfortable and judgment-free space that is welcoming to all families. The doors will remain open so that children will be able to come and go. Lights will be left dim and audio will be lowered and at a consistent level. The sky show will include music, videos, planets, the Moon, constellations and laser lights.
Admission / General Policies
- No one is admitted into the planetarium after a show or concert has started, by order of the Fire Marshall.
- Children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Please arrive 20-30 minutes before show time. Shows and Concerts must start on time.
- Admission is $7.00 per person, per show, all ages, unless otherwise noted.
- See two programs on the same day and get $2 off the second show.
- Try a laser concert with 3D glasses for an additional $2
- Same night Star Show and one Laser Concert for $12.00
- Groups of 15 or more see both for $11.00 per person
- General seating tickets will be held until 10 minutes before show time at the Planetarium Gift Shop.
- Reservations do not guarantee a seat if you are late for the show or concert.