AUDITION NOTICETHE UNEXPECTED GUEST
By Agatha Christie
Directed by Judith Allwyn Cohn
WHEN: Monday, January 9, and Tuesday, January 10, @ 7:30 PM
WHERE: The Burgdorff Center For The Performing Arts, 10 Durand Rd., Maplewood, NJ. NJ Transit train station is at the end of the street.
Performance Dates: March 16 and 17 at 8:00 PM, March 18 at 2:00 PM, March 23 and 24 at 8:00 PM
Here is a brief list of character descriptions with approximate ages. Those auditioning must be able to play a character of that age, not necessarily be that age.
- Richard Warwick (40s to 50s) [Non-speaking role]: A despicable man, murdered in his wheelchair while in his own study
- Michael Starkwedder (35 to 45): an engineer whose car breaks down outside the Warwick house on the night of the crime
- Jan Warwick (18 to 25): Richard's mentally disturbed half brother
- Henry Angell (40s): Richard's personal valet and male attendant
- Julian Farrar (30s): Warwick family friend that is running for local political office
- Sergeant Cadwallader (20s): the poetical young sergeant assigned to the case
- Inspector Thomas (40s to 60s): the no-nonsense inspector assigned to the case
- Laura Warwick (25 to 35): Richard's beautiful, younger wife who is discovered standing over his body with a gun
- Miss Bennett (40s to 50s): the Warwick family's faithful nurse
- Mrs. Warwick (60s to 70s): Richard's mother; a proud, commanding woman
It is not necessary to make an appointment to audition.
Please note that the Strollers is a membership company and performers are expected to join. Dues of $35 include 1 ticket to each of their 3 main stage shows (a $52 value) and the opportunity to participate in our monthly membership meetings.