Summer Series At NMOA
For the second consecutive summer, The Newark Museum of Art partners with New Jersey Symphony to bring you a vibrant outdoor series of concerts in the Alice Ransom Dreyfuss Memorial Garden.
NMOA music programs span across jazz, gospel, blues, and Broadway tunes (for adults and kids) and they are curated by Visiting Curator of Performing Arts Daryl Stewart and WBGO host Sheila Anderson.
The New Jersey Symphony’s four chamber programs offer delightful evenings of classic and modern music in the beautiful garden setting. Hear concerts built on unique themes curated by Principal Bassoon Robert Wagner, Principal Bass Ha Young Jung, and Resident Artistic Catalyst Daniel Bernard Roumain.
- Tickets must be purchased in advance from the NMOA and NJ Symphony websites.
- Ticket sales will not be available on-site.
- Food and drinks will be available for purchase, courtesy of Sterling Affairs and Urban Vegan Kitchen.
8/3: Summer, Time and Jazz (Paquito D’Rivera will perform)
8/6: Simply Simone – The Music of Nina Simone
8/11: A Night of Jazz and Soul with Patience Higgins and
the Sugar Hill Quartet
Click Here for Tickets
- The Museum no longer requires proof of vaccination, negative COVID-19 tests, or temperature screenings.
- On-site parking is available for $10. Use Washington Street entrance by Central Avenue.
- Enter event through the Alice Ransom Dreyfuss Memorial Garden gate, located next to the Museum parking lot. Doors open at 6pm. Show your digital or printed ticket to our Visitor Experience Assistant.
- Enjoy complimentary small bites. Non-alcoholic drinks will be available for purchase.
- Accessible restrooms are available inside the Museum through the South Wing entrance.
- No refunds or exchanges unless the event is canceled or postponed.
- In case of inclement weather, the event will be rescheduled to August 9.