CALL FOR ENTRIES:
Diedra Harris-Kelly is an arts administrator who is the co-director of the Romare Bearden Foundation. She has extensive curatorial experience with photography, painting, archival prints, and contemporary art. Harris-Kelly studied painting and drawing at the University of Michigan, gaining an MFA.
ELIGIBILITY: The exhibition is open to artists living or working in NJ, NY, PA and CT.
ENTRY FEE: $35.00 non-refundable
CASH AWARD: Best in Show - $500.
- Online entry only (Entrythingy)
- 1-3 images
- All mediums accepted, including videos and installations
- Three views of 3D work will be accepted
- For JPEG file format images. Files should be a minimum size of 1600 pixels on the longest side. Digital images should be cropped to show only your artwork. If edges are irregular, it is best to photograph against a black background.
- Submit work that will be available for the duration of the exhibition. ABSOLUTELY NO SUBSTITUTIONS will be accepted after selections are finalized.
- No gicleé reproductions of original art accepted.
- All work should be dated and produced in the last three years.
- 2D work: Maximum of 36” wide x 42” high, not to exceed 30lbs.
- All wall-hung art must be properly wired for hanging; no saw-tooth hangers. Stretched canvas may have finished painted edges or strip framing. No large decorative frames. Gallery format framing preferred.
- Sculpture: not to exceed two (2) feet in any direction. Artists may be asked to supply their own pedestals, if necessary.
- Video: mov, mp4, and wmv files will be accepted up to 500 mg. Electronic and digital works must be ready to show; artists must be prepared to provide all components.
- Floor installation: Maximum 4ft square, not to exceed 50lbs.
- Work not conforming to submission requirements will be rejected.
LIABILITY: The JSDD WAE Center Heidi Gallery (“Gallery”) does not provide insurance for theft, loss, or damage of artwork while artwork is on the premises or in transit. Artists must provide their own insurance. The Gallery will make every possible effort to handle all artwork with care and respect.
SALES: 40% commission will be retained on all sales.
USAGE OF IMAGES: The Gallery reserves the right to photograph and use accepted work for documentation, website, publicity, social media, or catalog purposes.
AGREEMENT: Entering your work in this exhibition constitutes your acceptance of all the requirements set forth in this Prospectus.
Need help? Send your questions to Jeremy Moss at email@example.com
- Entry deadline: SEPTEMBER 8, 2022
- Notification Date: SEPTEMBER 15, 2022
- Delivery of Artwork by Hand: FRIDAY, OCT. 14 from 4-7pm and SATURDAY, OCT. 15 from 10am – 2pm
- Exhibition Dates: OCTOBER 20, 2022, to DECEMBER 15, 2022
- Opening Reception and Award: OCTOBER 20, 2022, 6-9pm
- Artists’ Tour & Closing Reception: SUNDAY, DECEMBER 11th from 2-5pm
- Pickup of unsold Artwork: FRIDAY, DEC. 16 from 4-7pm and SATURDAY, DEC. 17 from 10am – 2pm