The Baroque Orchestra of New Jersey presents
WHERE: 2 Convent Road, Morristown, New Jersey at Dolan Hall, St. Elizabeth University
TICKETS: $40, adults; $30, senior; and $5 students, under 22 with ID.
Tickets can be obtained by visiting the Orchestra’s web site www.baroqueorchestra.org or by calling the office, 973-366-8922, or at the door on the day of the performance.
- Overture to the opera L’Amant Anonyme by Chevalier de Saint Georges
- Piano Concerto #23 in A Major, K488 by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart (soloist will be John Pivarnik)
- Symphony #7 by Ludwig van Beethoven
The Mozart concerto, written and premiered in 1786, will have John Pivarnik at the keyboard. Mr. Pivarnik is the organist and choirmaster at St. Peter’s Episcopal Church in Essex Fells. He has delivered numerous memorable performances with the Baroque Orchestra of New Jersey in the past decade.
The Symphony #7 was considered by Beethoven to be one of his best works. At its premier the audience demanded and received an encore of its 2nd movement. The 2nd movement’s popularity survives to this day as it has been used in the soundtrack for numerous movies, most notably Mr. Holland’s Opus.
Programs subject to change.
BONJ will follow all health mandates at our concerts
- NJ State mandated COVID Guidelines as to mask usage and social distancing in effect as of the concert date will be followed strictly.
- All BONJ personnel and musicians will be fully vaccinated.
- Please check our website, eblasts, and social media for updates on COVID related requirements for concert attendance.