MORRIS ARTS CALL FOR ARTISTS
Call for Artists—Morris Arts Fest
An Outdoor Art Exhibit & Sale at Lewis Morris Park
WHEN: October 2 (rain date October 3), 2021, from 1:30 – 5:30pm
Deadline to Apply: September 24, 2021
At present, Morris Arts has issued a CALL FOR ARTISTS – including visual artists, musicians and performers to participate in this fun and family-friendly afternoon of the arts!
How to Apply:
To begin the application process, please email the following information to Jody Marcus – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Artist's name
- Brief bio or summary of artwork
- Photo examples of the artwork you wish to bring to the event or clip of your music
- Artist website or media page. (if applicable)
If approved, you will be emailed the registration link to confirm your registration. The registration fee is $25 and is non-refundable.
- All art mediums are eligible to apply.
- The registration fee to participate is $25.
- The registration fee is non-refundable and due at the time of application approval.
- Exhibitors can bring a small tent (10x10) and must be prepared to stay for the whole event.
- Exhibitors must stay with their artwork for the duration of the event.
- Exhibitors are not permitted to sell food or beverage or any other items on site.
- All current Covid guidelines will be followed.
- Morris Arts will not take a sales commission for any artwork sold.
- Electrical hook-up will not be available for exhibitors.
- Pets are not permitted.
Set-up and break-down:
- Set-up begins no earlier than 10:30 am on Saturday, October 2 (or on the rain date of Sunday, October 3).
- All set-up items (e.g., tables, chairs, easels, etc.) are the artists' responsibility to bring and move onto the field.*
- All set-up and break-down is solely the responsibility of the artist.
- Break-down may not occur before 5:30 pm and must be
completed by 7:00 pm.
- Exhibit space must
be left trash free.
*if you have physical limitation and need to be close to the parking lot please mention that in your application email. We will try to accommodate you the best we can. There is a grassy bank to surmount from the parking into the field.
Please note: Doe
Meadow area at Lewis Morris Park will have restrooms and parking. You will be
setting up in the open field which is why personal tents are encouraged.
There will be parking in the Doe Meadow parking area. For more information on Lewis Morris Park visit: https://www.morrisparks.net/
Questions? Please contact Jody Marcus
Morris Arts, located in Morristown, NJ, is a not-for-profit organization founded in 1973 dedicated to building community through the arts. Using the arts to inspire, connect and engage, Morris Arts serves as a resource for Morris County with a special focus on arts programming in the schools and in the community, arts advocacy, creative placemaking and support of the Morris Area community of artists and arts organizations.
The New Jersey State Council on
the Arts has awarded the Morris Arts a “Citation of Excellence” and designated
it as a “Major Service Organization” in recognition of its “solid history of
service excellence, substantial activity and broad public service.”