Theater League to Hold Auditions for My Big Gay Italian Wedding
The Theater League of Clifton will hold auditions its dinner/theater production of
My Big Gay Italian Wedding
WHEN: June 22 and 23, 7 to
9:30 PM. Call backs are slated for June 24, 7 to 9:30 PM, if necessary.
WHERE: Mario’s Restaurant, 710 Van Houten Ave., Clifton.
The dinner/theater show will feature 14 cast members. Mike Stracco of Hawthorne is the director, while Clifton residents Mark Peterson and Jalmari Vanamo will serve as co-producers. Peterson is the president of the theater group.
Andrew and Anthony are getting married and everyone wants to “help.” My Big Gay Italian Wedding spins into a hysterical fiasco as everyone tries to have their way. From a saboteur ex-boyfriend, to a loud, opinionated, outspoken Italian mother, personalities and cultures collide in a music and dance extravaganza.”
Performance dates for the show are Sept. 18, 24, and 25 at 8 p.m., Sept. 19 and 26 at 4:00 p.m., Oct. 1 and 2 at 8 p.m., and Oct. 3 at 4 p.m. All performances will be held at Mario’s Restaurant.
Cast of My Big Gay Italian Wedding:
- ANTHONY PINNUNZIATO - 20s - 30s male. Our every-man. Pollyanna Guido from Bay Ridge. LEAD
- ANDREW POLINSKI - late 20's-30's male. Handsome and stylish, yet devoted to one man only. Dashing and charming. LEAD
- ANGELA PINNUNZIATO - late 40's female. A lovingly over-bearing, overpowering Italian mother hen. Rules the roost with an iron fist and a wooden spatula. Anthony's mother. LEAD
- JOSEPH PINNUNZIATO/FATHER ROSALIA - late 40's male. Joseph is Anthony's loud Italian father whose word is law and whose home is his castle. Father Rosalia is the crush of every parishioner, both male and female. Note: These two roles can be played by the same actor if needed. LEAD
- MAURIZIO LEGRANDE - late 20's-40's male. Outlandishly dressed, over the top flamboyant wedding coordinator. Has an accent that cannot be pegged. LEAD
- GREGORIO - 20's-30's male. Smoking hot and extremely narcissistic. Does not take rejection well. Always has something up his sleeve. LEAD
- MARIO - 20's-30's male. Uptight fashionista, Anthony's best friend and protector. The most fabulous dancer in Brooklyn. Anthony's Best Man. SUPPORTING
- LUCIA - 20's -30's female. Brassy, trendy Italian woman. Anthony's dependable, reliable best friend. A feminine, pretty, lipstick lesbian, classy and sophisticated until challenged. Maid of Honor. SUPPORTING.
- CONNIE - 20's-30's female. Lucia's nemesis. Just as pretty, but much tougher. The gum-chewing mouth of a truck driver who doesn't take crap from anyone. Bridesmaid. SUPPORTING
- MARIA - 20's female. Anthony's flighty, heavy-set, sweet and self-absorbed baby sister. Aspirations of stardom, but a fizzled sense of reality. She is a Broadway actress wannabe and fancies herself a tremendous singer. SUPPORTING
- RODNEY - 30's male. Sassy and spirited. Always up for an adventure. In love with Frankie. Reveals himself in drag in Act II. All ethnicities can work in this role.
- AUNT TONIANN - 30's- early 40's female. Angela's fussy younger Italian sister. Lives to torment her brother-in-law. Sports the biggest of hair and always (thinks she's) dressed to the nines. SUPPORTING
- FRANKIE - late 20's-late 30's male. Tough, good-looking Italian stud. No-nonsense, out, and proud. The straight acting gay guy in the bunch. Groomsman. SUPPORTING