Luna Stage Announces Fall Classes Lineup and Play In Your Pod Program
Virtual Fall Classes for Youth and Adults + Play In Your Pod
WHEN: starting September 14
WHERE: All programs are offered over Zoom
TUITION: Luna is proud to continue its commitment to equity and accessibility by offering each program on a sliding scale.
Luna Stage announces a full lineup of virtual fall classes for youth and adults and launches Play In Your Pod, a custom education experience. Classes include Improvisation, Screenwriting, Musical Theatre, Acting Shakespeare, Playwriting, Zoom Mystery Creation, Scene Study and more. Play In Your Pod offers additional flexible educational opportunities.
“In the midst of this pandemic, Luna is creating opportunities for youth and adults to be creative, connected and inspired,” says Luna Stage Artistic Director Ari Laura Kreith. “This summer, 230 participants enrolled in twenty-three different classes, and we were grateful to be able to serve both our local community and students from as far away as California and Panama. We were thrilled by the caliber of work our students created, and overjoyed that they developed friendships in the virtual space that continued even after classes ended.”
Students and parents raved about Luna’s virtual programs. “My son couldn’t wait to get on the Zoom call,” said one summer session parent. “His teachers were so good!” Others praised the “amazing, knowledgeable and supportive” teachers and the “super fun and laid back” classes. All opportunities were available on a pay-what-you-wish scale, a policy Luna is extending into the autumn months.
This fall, Luna’s classes will span a variety of topics for students of all ages.
- Improv classes will be offered for children and teenagers several days a week.
- Musical theater classes will be available for children, middle schoolers, and high school students.
- Teenagers will have a number of programs open to them: in addition to musical theater and improv classes, budding actors can enroll in scene study or film acting.
- Teen writers can enroll in screenwriting and playwriting classes to pen a short film or ten-minute play; those interested in movies can take film editing for teen creators.
In addition to offering classes, Luna will collaborate with families navigating remote schooling by offering flexible classes for existing small groups. Dubbed the Play In Your Pod program, this unique structure allows small learning groups to approach Luna for customized classes that meet their schedule and artistic goals, and Luna will build a class to fit their needs.
Further information on Play In Your Pod can be found at https://www.lunastage.org/play-in-your-pod.
Luna Stage’s adult programming includes
- a brand new Improv for Adults class
- scene study
- musical theater
- Writers’ workshops including 10-Minute Playwriting and Solo Show Creation
- Taught by professional theatre artists, these classes deepen self-expression and artistry, while offering a chance to connect virtually.
- Sign up is available at https://www.lunastage.org/classes-2020.
About Luna Stage
Luna Stage develops and produces vibrant plays about local and global experiences. Firmly rooted in New Jersey's Valley Arts District—a crossroads of cultures—Luna brings its communities together for artistic events that spark conversations and create understanding and change.
Luna Stage is the recipient of the 2019 People's Choice Award for Favorite Small Theatre in New Jersey. Luna has contributed to the development of over 100 new works for the stage, many of which premiered at Luna and have gone on to be produced in New York, regionally and internationally.
As producer, innovator, and educator, Luna is dedicated to eliminating barriers to participation and allowing all community members to nurture their own creativity and vision. Luna offers classes for children and adults, as well as opportunities for early-career and established theatre artists to develop and incubate new work.