Passage’s Search for a New Community Engagement Consultant
Position Title: Community Engagement Consultant
Position Hours: 15 hours per week
Hourly Rate: $21.43 per hour (up to $13,500) /W2
WHERE: Passage Theatre Company, PO Box 967, Trenton, NJ 08605
Duration: September 1, 2020 – June 30, 2021
Start Date: Immediately
Background: Passage Theatre Company is a nonprofit that was established in 1985. Our mission is to create and produce socially relevant new plays and arts programming that deeply resonate with and reflect our community. Through professional productions, educational programs, and community engagement, we present diverse perspectives and new voices that inspire audiences and invigorate the art of live theatre. Passage’s core values are inclusivity, community, and empathy. We are a member of the Actors’ Equity Association (AEA). Also, we are a member of the New Jersey Theatre Alliance and Theatre Philadelphia. Passage’s presents its productions in the Mill Hill Playhouse in Trenton, NJ.
Our staff consists of three (3) full-time individuals: Artistic Director, Managing Director and Production Manager, one (1) part-time Administrative Associate with 14 Board members and three (3) consultants which include a bookkeeper, grant writer, and community engagement coordinator.
Visit our website for more details at www.passagetheatre.org.
Primary Purpose: To provide outreach services to residents, schools, and service organizations throughout Mercer County that raise the visibility of Passage Theatre’s productions, online programming, educational programming, and community engagement initiatives.
Nature of Work: Reporting to the Artistic Director, this position exercises a high level of professionalism and organization while planning for and carrying out community engagement initiatives. This individual will support collaborations and problem solving, and will assist with relationship cultivation with a diverse range of patrons, teachers, community stakeholders, Board members, and artists. This is a high-volume position that requires the ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced work environment; maintaining balance while meeting deadlines is a must. We are a diverse team of hard working and respectful individuals that enjoy collaborating. The ideal candidate must possess these qualities as well.
Responsibilities: As the Community Engagement Consultant, the incumbent will be responsible for the following:
● Assist the Artistic Director to cultivate relationships across Mercer County (i.e. churches, schools, universities, service organizations and arts organizations).
● Assist in developing the outreach plan for Passage’s mainstage productions, online programming, educational programming, Solo Flights shows, and approved partner events.
● Coordinate Group Ticket initiatives for in-person productions, and special events.
● Assist with the cultivation of in-kind sponsorships for Passage’s annual benefit.
● Coordinate opening receptions for in-person productions which include food and beverage.
● Coordinate and manage Passage Community Dialogues sessions, post-show talkbacks, and lobby tabling initiatives.
● Attend weekly staff meetings to provide updates based on a mutually determined schedule. Skills:
The ideal candidate for this position must be or have: ● Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ● Fluency in Spanish is a plus; ● Detail oriented, organized, neat and multitasker; ● Some desktop publishing or design skills a plus; ● Skilled in using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Publisher); and Google Drive software ● A valid driver’s license.
Education: A Bachelor's degree, and/or two years experience in project management;
Experience: Must have some experience with coordinating outreach initiatives within Mercer County.
Submit a cover letter, resume, and references to Ryan Hennessey (Administrative Associate) at firstname.lastname@example.org.