This listing has been updated since
Tuesday March 17, 2020
**Friday, March 20, 2020**
Please Check Back for Updates
CLOSED THROUGH MARCH 31, 2020 (anticipate that these closures will be extended):
Facilities: All indoor facilities, including; Visitor Centers, Public Restrooms, Environmental Education Centers, Mennen Sports Arena, Park Commission HQ at the Cultural Center have been closed to the public.
The Frelinghuysen Arboretum, Willowwood Arboretum, and Bamboo Brook Outdoor Education Center will close at the end of the day on March 20, 2020.All playgrounds and playing fields, including; softball, artificial turf fields, volleyball courts, etc. all closed immediately as per the March 19, 2020 “Order Pursuant to a Declaration of Emergency” by the Morris County Emergency Management Coordinator.
Dog Parks (Off-leash Areas) at Central Park of Morris County and Lewis Morris County Park are closed immediately as per the March 19, 2020 “Order Pursuant to a Declaration of Emergency” by the Morris County Emergency Management Coordinator. Dogs are only permitted on-leash outside of Dog Parks as per Park Commission Rules & Regulations and dog waste must be picked up and removed from parkland.
Seaton Hackney Stables is closed immediately as per the March 19, 2020 “Order Pursuant to a Declaration of Emergency” by the Morris County Emergency Management Coordinator.
Mahlon Dickerson Reservation & Lewis Morris County Park Campgrounds are closed.
Programs: All indoor/outdoor programs have been cancelled. The Friends of the Frelinghuysen Arboretum sponsored programs at The Frelinghuysen Arboretum have been cancelled through April at this time. The Willowwood Foundation has cancelled the April 26th Tubbs Lecture and the May 17th Lilac Party.
Rentals/Park Permits: All facility rentals are cancelled.
Permitted events: All permitted events are cancelled.
- Golf Courses: Berkshire Valley G.C., Flanders Valley G.C., Pinch Brook G.C. & Sunset Valley G.C.
- Moving from accepting cash to “credit card only” transactions. All transactions are to be made on-line.
- Food & Beverage operations are closed.
- Golf carts only permitted at Berkshire Valley Golf Course
- Posting signs on Port a Johns advising guest to use personal hygiene materials.
- Lee’s County Park Marina
- Parks: At this time the Grounds & Trails of all General Purpose Parks and Linear Parks and Central Park of Morris County are open to the public. Park patrons are encouraged to use your parks, but not to congregate and to follow public health guidance, including social distancing. (Please see list of parks for specific operations and access)
- All Public Restrooms are Closed but many sites have Portable restroom facilities please bring personal sanitary supplies.
- It should be noted that playgrounds, benches, picnic tables, etc. are not be disinfected.
- Parks are to be used for only passive recreation with the following restrictions to be enforced: No organized or directed activity shall be permitted. Any other park activity that bring groups of more than four individuals (other than family members) shall be prohibited.
To continue to have access to the use of parks, trails, and open spaces, we encourage all users to follow these recommendations:
- Refrain from using parks or trails if they are exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19.
- Bring personal sanitary supplies, all restrooms are closed and portable restroom facilities are cleaned per contract with United Site Services.
- Follow CDC’s guidance on personal hygiene prior to and during use of parks or trails.
- While on trails, warn other users of your presence and as you pass, and step aside to let others pass.
- Follow the March 19, 2020 Morris County Emergency Management Coordinator’s “Order Pursuant to a Declaration of Emergency” that includes:
- Closure of all playgrounds;
- Closure of all playing fields;
- Parks, trails and open spaces are to be used for passive recreation with the following restrictions;
- No organized or directed activity shall be permitted. Any other park activity that brings groups of more than four individuals (other than family members shall be prohibited.