Louisville's burgeoning art scene
with James Steward
WHEN: April 21–24, 2020
This three-day journey featuring exclusive access to private art collections, galleries in the city’s dynamic downtown, and behind-the-scenes tours at world-class museums.
• Exclusive access to the homes of leading collectors of modern and contemporary art, including one of the most spectacular private collections in the country.
• An insider’s view of 21c, founded by collectors Laura Lee Brown and Steve Wilson. 21c’s changing exhibitions, site-specific installations, and cultural programming reflect the global nature of contemporary culture.
• Special-access tours of KMAC, formerly known as the Kentucky Museum of Art and Craft. The relaunched KMAC features four stories of contemporary art curated to foster creative thinking, big ideas, and exploration.
• A guided visit to Louisville’s premier galleries.
• A curator-led visit to the Speed Art Museum, including a private tour of the Andy Warhol: Revelation exhibition. Long known for the history and quality of its collections, the Speed has recently expanded to include exciting architecture and new space for both modern art and temporary exhibitions.
• A tour and tasting at Rabbit Hole Distillery, a destination for connoisseurs of art and bourbon alike.
• Louisville luxury both old and new, including accommodations at the iconic Brown Hotel as well as lunch and dinner at some of the city’s hottest restaurants.
COST: $1935 per person for double occupancy; $2260 per person for single occupancy (includes lodging, all meals, and all admissions and tour fees)
For details or to register, please visit the Museum Travel Program page.