Aiken & Friends Fest
WHERE: The Theatre at RVCC, 118 Lamington Road, Branchburg, NJ
WHEN & ADMISSION:
- Save the date! Free with reservation. Thursday, September 26, at 1PM, the opening event of our Aiken & Friends Fest, North Branch.
- Blues Evolution* Thur., Sept. 26 at 1PM * FREE with Reservation
- Songwriters-in-the-Round * Fri., Sept. 27 at 7PM * $20
- Workshops * Sat., Sept. 28 from 11AM-12PM * $10
- Concert On the Quad/RVCC Community Day * Sat., Sept 28 from 12:30-5:30PM * FREE
- Tall Tales & Troubadours * Sat., Sept. 28 at 7PM * $20
- Weekend pass (both evening shows, class of your choice & all the free stuff) $30 WEEKEND PASSES
FREE with a reservation: call 908.725.3420, weekdays, 11-4
Aiken & Friends Fest starts with a residency activity, FREE and open to the public, with the MSG Acoustic Blues Trio, discussing the evolution of the Piedmont Blues style, how it reflected life over time and how it has influenced music styles since. M.S.G. Acoustic Blues Trio has been together for fifteen years and has produced four CDs. Their latest effort, THE FLOOD, made the first-round for the Grammy nominations under the category of Best Traditional Blues Album.