The Strollers community theater of Maplewood is proud to announce auditions for its production of
WHEN: (No appointment necessary). Sunday, Aug. 25th, 2-4 pm; Monday, Aug. 26th, 7-9 pm. (Callbacks Thursday, Aug. 29th, 7-9 pm)
WHERE: Burgdorff Center for the Performing Arts, 10 Durand Road, Maplewood
Casting 10-12 core principals and 2-4 dancer/singers of all ethnicities, genders, ages, shapes and sizes for this truly ensemble musical where all principals will play multiple roles.
Based on Studs Terkel’s best-selling book of interviews with the American workforce, WORKING is a delightfully funny and thoroughly touching musical. It is a both an exploration of the individuals’ occupations and a lament for lost hope and dreams. It takes the viewpoint of an average worker – such as a waitress, a trucker, a housewife, or a fast-food delivery boy – whose life and aspirations reflect the diversity that is America.
- Come prepared to sing 32 bars of a song (from Working or another musical) that shows off your voice quality, vocal range and personality.
- Bring sheet music in your key. an accompanist will be provided.
- You will also learn a simple dance/movement combination, so dress accordingly.
- Those called back will be asked sing something from Working and read from the script.
- Sheet music and sides for the callbacks will be available beforehand.
Performances: Nov 8 & 9, 15 & 16, 22 & 23 at 8pm; Nov 10, 17 at 2pm
Rehearsals: from September 3, three to four times per week, in the Maplewood area.
Visit us at www.TheStrollers.org/auditions for all the details.