The Barn Theatre in Montville, New Jersey, is holding open auditions for its upcoming
WHEN: Saturday, May 18, 2019, at 10:00am - 12:00pm Sunday, May 19, 2019, at 6:30pm - 9:30pm. Actors are asked to arrive to sign in within the first hour of the audition start time.
WHERE: The Barn Theatre is located at 32 Skyline Drive in Montville, NJ, just minutes off Route 287 (Exit 47).
For more information or directions, call 973-334-9320 ext. 5, or visit www.barntheatre.org
Auditions are open to all ages/types, and ethnicities. Newcomers are especially welcomed. No previous acting experience is required, although extremely helpful.
All roles are available. Casting is open, and newcomers are especially welcomed. Crew and other volunteers are also needed for the event. If interested, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
PERFORMANCE DATES: Friday, June 14, 2019 at 8pm Saturday, June 15, 2019 at 8pm Sunday, June 16, 2019 at 2pm
One Night Fran
Written by Adam Szudrich
A comedy about three women seeing the same things through very different eyes.
- Rachel: 20's, fake tan, perfect hair, ready for the red carpet
- Holly: 30's hippie chic maxi dress, necklaces, bangles, a cotton bag slung over her shoulder
- Marie: 40's, prim, proper, dressed conservatively in a button up blouse, but showing her great legs
Written by Brianna Keller
When Travis joins the Romance Readers Book Club, he learns that all really is fair in love and war.
- TRAVIS: Late teens/early 20s. Any race. Boyish and slightly socially awkward.
- SALLY: Late teens/early 20s. Any race. Shy, but smart. A hopeless romantic.
- PATTI: 50s to 60s. Any race. Sally's aunt. Pushy and a natural leader.
- GLADYS: 70s. Any race. Outspoken and unapologetic. Also prone to spontaneous naps.
- MEREDITH: 30s. Any race. Aspiring romance novelist and newly engaged.
The Late Gordon Kaplan
Written by Robin Anne Joseph
A humorous and poignant play that shines a light on life, death, and how we navigate our relationships along the way.
- Rabbi: 50’s or older, male or female, rabbi of local synagogue
- Norma: Late 60’s or so, grieving widow
- Dina: 30-something, a young mother and Norma’s daughter
The Wonder of You
Written by Bara Swain
A chance encounter between two lost strangers on the corner of Magnolia and Pine in Chamblee, Georgia helps them find their way.
- GIRL: 18; recent high school graduate. Animated, candid and charming.
- MAN: Late 30s; casually dressed. Shy, gentle, a good listener
Date With Death
Written By Steven Hayet
Dating is hell, and Angela finds an interesting way to deal with the awkwardness of turning someone down.
- KAREN – female, adult
- ANGELA- female, adult
- DAVID- male, adult
Here There Be Pirates
Written by James McLindon
A young corporate raider and his father learn to work together in the family business.
- Son: A polished but insecure corporate raider, 20s.
- CEO: Any gender, any race or ethnicity, 40-70.
- Pirate: A swashbuckling buccaneer, son’s father.
Written by Oded Gross
Just because you're destined for something, doesn't mean you don't have to act.
- John - (45-65, Male, Any Race) - An actor, Jane's husband
- Jane - (35-50, Female, Any Race)- An actress, John's wife