Great Team, P/T Flexible Hours, Mission-Driven Work
The Bookkeeper will report to Managing Director.
Join Luna Stage, a small yet fierce professional theatre company founded in 1992 in Montclair, NJ, and operating since 2010 in West Orange, NJ. We are seeking a Bookkeeper familiar with Quickbooks or other accounting software to assist with receivables and payables, prep invoices, support cash flow management, and support general operations.
This is a volunteer position, ideal for a retired, young-at-heart person with bookkeeping and accounting software experience, or anyone with experience and time to spare!
- Book receivables and payables, reconcile donations and ticket income, help with reporting, invoicing, and prepping checks.
- Answer phones and assist with general company operations as needed.
- Work closely with a phenomenal team including: Managing Director, Artistic Director, Production Manager, Office Staff, Artists, Teachers, Interns, Volunteers, and Board Members!!
- Knowledge of Quickbooks Online or other accounting software.
- Highly organized, team player, communicative, empathetic, calm under pressure.
- Fluent English.
- Love of theatre. Theatre/performing arts experience a plus.
- 8-15 hours per week (2-3 days/week), depending on availability, skills, and interests.
- Flexible work schedule.
- This position is unpaid.
- Benefits include comps to Luna Stage performances and to tickets at NJ Theatre Alliance member theatres.
How to Apply
Send resume or letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our theatre is committed to equal employment opportunity, and continues to be a strong advocate of non-discrimination all its employment practices. Please visit the Employment Opportunities page of our website for our full non-descrimination policy. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply!
About Luna Stage
Luna Stage develops and produces plays about local and global experiences. We bring people together for artistic events that spark conversations and create understanding and change. Firmly rooted in New Jersey's Valley Arts District—a crossroads of cultures—we celebrate the diverse voices that surround us. As producer, innovator, and educator, we are dedicated to eliminating barriers to participation, and nurturing the next generation of audiences and artists. www.LunaStage.org