WHERE: Kaplen JCC, 415 Clinton Ave., Tenafly
The Thurnauer School of Music at the Kaplen JCC on the Palisades presents the following free student performances this month, all open to the public:
- Sun, Jan 13 & Jan 20, 9:30- 10:45 am: Sunday Student Recitals
- Wed, Jan 16, 7pm: Young People’s Chorus @ Thurnauer Winter Concert. Emma Brondolo, artistic director, leads over 150 choristers
- Sun, Jan 20, 4 pm: Teen Town Jazz Winter Concert
- Thu, Jan 24, 6 pm: Voice Department Recital
- Mon, Jan 28, 6 pm: String Camerata Winter Concert
“We are very excited to showcase our wonderful students and very proud of their achievements as young artists” said Dorothy Kaplan Roffman, director of the JCC Thurnauer School of Music.
About the JCC Thurnauer School of Music
The JCC Thurnauer School of Music has been named a Major Arts Institution by the New Jersey State Council on the Arts. The JCC Thurnauer School of Music is New Jersey’s leading community music school, serving nearly 500 students from infancy through adulthood. The school offers a comprehensive program similar to the finest pre-college conservatories. The Thurnauer experience includes instrumental lessons, ensembles, and classes, master classes with world-renowned artists; a chamber music series; faculty recitals; and frequent student performances. It is a member of the National Guild for Community Arts Education and received an award for “excellence and high standards” from The Chamber Music Society of Lincoln Center.
For more information about the upcoming orchestra concert or enrollment, call 201-408-1465.