WHEN: Saturday, September 8
(by appointment). NOTE: If you are unavailable to attend auditions in person, you are welcome to submit a video audition to firstname.lastname@example.org (including a link to a video of your performance and your completed audition form) by Saturday, September 8 at 3:00pm.
Wanda Petronski, a second-grader, lives way up in a shabby house in Boggins Heights, and she doesn't have any friends. Every day she wears a faded blue dress, which wouldn't be too much of a problem if she didn't tell her classmates that she had a hundred dresses at home—all silk, all colors, velvet too. The children at Franklin Elementary don't know what to make of this peculiar new girl with the strange accent.
Soon Maddie, Peggy, Jack and their classmates make a game of teasing Wanda about her hundred dresses until one day she disappears from school, leaving just an empty seat where she once sat. As feelings of guilt overtake the children, Maddie and the others decide they must find out what happened to Wanda and make amends for the way they treated her. But is it too late?
Based on the beloved Newbery Honor Book by Eleanor Estes, this acclaimed musical adaptation masterfully handles such topics as bullying, friendship and forgiveness. Packed with humor and filled with colorful characters and memorable songs such as "Bright Blue Day," "Penny Paddywhack" and "Never Do Nothing," The Hundred Dresses is a timeless tale that explores the bonds of friendship, the willingness to be yourself and the courage that it takes to stand up to others—even when you're standing alone.
We are so excited to bring back one of our favorite productions and look forward to adding this title to our Field Trip/Assembly programming.
- Please prepare one of the songs provided on our audition materials page.
- Auditioners will be brought into the room in groups to perform their selected song.
- We strongly encourage you to print and complete the audition form and conflict calendar ahead of time.
- You will receive an email by Monday, September 10 if we would like to see you for a callback. Callbacks will be held on Wednesday, September 12. Attending callbacks as scheduled is strongly encouraged but a makeup date may be provided if needed.
- Some/all roles may be double cast.
- We will have a brief but intense rehearsal period (September 22-October 7). There will be roughly 8-10 days of rehearsal scheduled within this time frame
- Rehearsals will NOT be everyday during the window listed and we MAY be able to work around some conflicts but all outdates MUST be given prior to casting.
- Attendance at tech rehearsals (October 8-11) and performances (October 12-14) is mandatory
- Not all cast members will be called for every rehearsal and not all cast members will be called for the full duration of each rehearsal.
CLICK HERE for some responses from our 2014 production
We are seeking performers ages 6-12 for this production.
NOTE: There are also a couple of roles for ages 18+available.
Contact Lindsay at email@example.com if you would like to be considered.