Trouble at Tropicabana
written by Tony Schwartz and Marylou Ambrose
directed by Rebecca Shuster
produced by Mark Peterson
WHEN: Dec. 19 and 20 (Tuesday and Wednesday), 7-9 p.m.
WHERE: Mario’s Restaurant, 710 Van Houten Ave., Clifton.
Cast parts include:
- Ricky Bicardi, a Cuban/American bandleader and nightclub owner
- Lucy Bicardi, Ricky’s wife
- Ethel Schmertz, the Bicardi’s neighbor
- Fred Schmertz, Ethel’s husband
- Celia B. DeMilo/Cookie, a gun moll posing as movie-mogul heiress
- Mr. Big, a notorious gangster
- Rosita Bicardi, Ricky’s cousin, one of the Club Tropicabana girls and an illegal alien
- Two Tropicabana girls/dancers (non-speaking roles);
- A waiter or waitress (non-speaking role).
Performance dates for the murder mystery/comedy are Feb. 23, 24, 25 March 3, 4, 10 and 11, 2018. In addition to being the site of the auditions, the show will be performed at Mario’s Restaurant.
Take a walk down memory lane with Lucy, Ricky, Fred and Ethel as they enjoy fine food, drink and music at Ricky’s nightclub as he gets ready to sign a contract with a movie mogul. Will Lucy and Ethel ruin Ricky’s big chance with another of their harebrained schemes to get into show business? What’s the notorious gangster Mr. Big doing at Ricky’s club, and who committed the murder?
Founded in 2005, the Theater League of Clifton (www.theaterleagueofclifton.com) is a non-profit organization dedicated to fostering an appreciation of the arts through theatrical performances, while providing quality entertainment for all ages. The Theater League of Clifton welcomes volunteers in all aspects of performance and production.
Trouble at the Tropicabana is being performed via special arrangement with The Lakeside Players, Tafton PA.