The Strollers proudly announce auditions for their first main stage show of the season:
Come Back to the Five and Dime, Jimmy Dean, Jimmy Dean
by Ed Graczyk
Directed by Wanda Maragni
WHEN: Monday, August 28 at 7pm, Tuesday, August 29 at 7pm. Callbacks: Thursday, August 31 at 7pm
WHERE: The Burgdorff Center for the Performing Arts, 10 Durand Road, Maplewood, NJ
All sides are available on The Strollers website at www.thestrollers.org.
Perfomances: Friday, November 3 at 8pm; Saturday, November 4 at 8pm; Sunday, November 5 at 2pm; Friday, November 10 at 8pm; Saturday, November 11 at 8pm
(Note - all characters reside in West Texas, so please be prepared to give us your best "West Texas" accent for auditions.)
- Juanita - 40-50 (with the ability to transition to herself 20 years younger): owner of the Five & Dime; a simple Texas woman who is guided by her religious convictions.
- Mona (then) - late teens: naive and deeply romantic; imagines herself as different and better than the small town people she grew up with.
- Mona - 30s: Fragile; she prefers to live in a dream world and in her memories; has remained in this small town and has changed very little in 20 years.
- Sissy (then) - late teens; early 20s; a young girl with dreams of getting out of this small town; aware of her sexuality.
- Sissy - 30s: vivacious and outgoing with a quick wit; she appears to be only concerned about her attractiveness and having a good time, but has unexpected depths.
- Joe - late teens; sensitive and confused; misunderstood by most except for Mona and Sissy.
- Joanne - 30s; mysterious visitor with a big secret; sensual; raised in the area, but escaped to live a different kind of life.
- Stella Mae - 30s; loud and boisterous; she appears to have been one of the success stories of the group, but covers up her regrets and longings.
- Edna Louise - 30s; pregnant with her 7th child; shy and awkward; simply sweet-natured.
Contact TheMaplewoodStrollers@gmail.com with any questions.