Clue: The Musical
Music by Galen Blum, Wayne Barker, Vinnie Martucci
Lyrics by Tom Chiodo
Book by Peter DiPietro Based on the Parker Bros. board game
Directed and choreographed by Nicholas J. Clarey
Music Direction by Holland J. Jancaitis
PERFORMANCE DATES: Oct 13-15, 20-22, 27 & 28, 2017
WHEN: July 25, 28 and August 7, 2017; 6:30pm-9:00pm BY APPOINTMENT ONLY:
Callbacks (If Necessary) will be Tuesday August 8, 2017 at 7:00pm.
Please click HERE to schedule yours now!
WHERE: The Baird Theatre on 3, 5 Mead Street, South Orange
WHAT TO PREPARE:
- Auditionees should prepare 16-32 bars each of two musical selections, one up-tempo contemporary musical theatre piece (belt) and one comedic musical theatre piece.
- All auditionees should be prepared for a light movement audition.
- Acting auditions will be by cold reading only. No monologues will be seen at this audition.
Auditioning for the following roles:
(All Character Age Ranges are playable age ranges, we welcome actors 18+ to audition for this production)
- Mr. Boddy (M) (Age Range: 30 - 45) The host of the game, current husband of Mrs. Peacock, victim of the impending murder. Mr. Boddy has a unique relationship with each of the Suspects that informs each character's potential motive to commit murder. To the audience, Mr. Boddy is a smooth, charismatic, handsome, playful host. Any Ethnicity. Soaring Baritone.
- Ms. Peacock (F) (Age Range: 40 - 60) Black widow and chairwoman of Peacock Enterprises, married to one character in the show and having an affair with another. Acerbic, manipulative, sexy socialite. Any Ethnicity. Mezzo with belt.
- Professor Plum (M) (Age Range: 25 - 40) Genius, author, intellect, impostor, his family fortune was ruined by Mr. Boddy. Astute intellectual with a wry sense of humor. Any Ethnicity. Baritone.
- Miss Scarlett (F) (Age Range: 20 - 35) Femme fatale, a former Las Vegas lounge performer, and former lover of another character in the show. Shrewd, very attractive. Any Ethnicity. Wide vocal range with belt.
- Colonel Mustard (M) (Age Range: 45 - 65) Fancies himself a triumphant war Colonel. He is implicated in the death of both of Mr. Boddy's parents and is currently having an affair with another character in the show. He is a pompous, randy, military man with a strong personality. Any Ethnicity. Baritone.
- Mrs. White (F or T) (Age Range: 40 - 70) Chief domestic of Boddy Manor. She is virtually enslaved by Mr. Boddy. A fun-loving, dirty, rough around the edges Cockney maid. Any Ethnicity. Alto with strong character belt. Chief domestic of Boddy Manor. She is virtually enslaved by Mr. Boddy. A fun-loving, dirty, rough around the edges Cockney maid. Any Ethnicity. Alto with strong character belt.
- Mr. Green (M) (Age Range: 25 -35) Con-artist and entrepreneur, he is a former lover of another character in the show and business partner of Mr. Boddy. A slick, strikingly handsome wheeler-dealer. Any Ethnicity. Bari-tenor.Con-artist and entrepreneur, he is a former lover of another character in the show and business partner of Mr. Boddy. A slick, strikingly handsome wheeler-dealer. Any Ethnicity. Bari-tenor.
- Detective (F) (Age Range: 30-60) Appears in order to crack the case and solve the mystery. She rebuffs Prof. Plum's amorous advances. Hard-nosed, snappy & humorous. Any Ethnicity. Described in the script as having an "interesting singing voice."
About the Show
The internationally popular game is now a fun filled musical which brings the world's best know suspects to life and invites the audience to help solve the mystery: who killed Mr. Boddy, in what room and with what weapon. The audience receives forms to help them deduce the solution from clues given throughout the fun filled evening. Three audience members choose from cards representing the potential murderers, weapons and rooms; there are 216 possible solutions! Only one hard nosed female detective is qualified to unravel the merry mayhem.