We are seeking submissions for principal roles and chorus members for our upcoming production of Gilbert & Sullivan's Patience. We will perform both fully staged shows and concert versions. One of Gilbert & Sullivan’s most successful shows, Patience is a rollicking satire that pits the straight-laced ideals of the Victorian era against the passions and indulgences of the 1870s Aesthetic Movement, ridiculing each side of the spectrum.
We are currently casting the following roles:
- Bunthorne, comic baritone (Bb2-E4)
- Duke, tenor (D3-A4)
- Grosvenor, lyric baritone (D3-F4)
- men and women's chorus (all voice parts). Ages 16+.
People of all different singing backgrounds and experiences who enjoy singing are encouraged to submit.
WHEN: Mondays and Thursdays from 7:30-10 pm
WHERE: Glen Rock and Ridgewood, NJ (both down the street from train stations and bus stops for transportation to NYC), though performers will not be called for all rehearsals.
To submit yourself for consideration, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- a current photo and resume.
- Please make sure to list what role(s) you are submitting for in your email. Once we receive your materials, we will contact you with more information.
- Visit our website www.ridgewoodgands.com to view our performance schedule--you do not need to be available for every concert to participate!