bY Stephen Sondheim
WHEN: Saturday, February 4th, 1-4 pm; Wednesday, February 8th, 7-10pm; Saturday, February 11th, 1-4pm for call backs
WHERE: St. Mark’s Eiscopal Church, 140 S. Finley Ave., Basking Ridge
Auditions are open to REGISTERED actors only. Please email info@LONJ.org to register for one of the above dates, and include your headshot, resume and home town.
Director: Jeffrey Fiorello
Music Director: Stephen Fox
Choreographer: Samantha Hahn Simpson
Producer: William Corson
Performances will be July 14, 15, 16, 21, 22, 23, 2017 at SOPAC (South Orange)
Seeking auditions for:
- Sweeney Todd, Bass-Baritone or Baritone. (40-55)
A wrongfully imprisoned barber seeking to right the wrongs committed against him. He is Johanna’s father, singularly focused on taking bloody revenge. Our story’s tormented protagonist.
- Mrs. Lovett, Contralto or Mezzo-soprano. (35 – 50)
An entrepreneurial and amoral meat pie shop owner. She falls in love with Todd and turns his desire for revenge into a profitable business venture.
- Anthony Hope, Bari-Tenor / Tenor. (20-30)
A naïve and youthful sailor returning to London. He helps Todd return to London and unexpectedly falls in love with Johanna.
- Johanna, Soprano. (18 – 28)
A spritely girl, full of innocence, constantly yearning for freedom. Todd’s long-lost daughter and Turpin’s ward.
- Tobias Ragg, Tenor. (15 – 25)
A poor youngster apprenticed to Pirelli. He finds a surrogate family in Todd and Lovett.
- Judge Turpin, Bass or Bass-Baritone. (45 – 65)
A lecherous public official who portrays himself as a sanctimonious authoritarian. He takes advantage of his position in the city and is responsible for imprisoning Todd.
- The Beadle, Tenor / Countertenor. (35 – 55)
A pompous public official. He is deeply loyal to the corrupt Turpin.
- Beggar Woman, Mezzo-soprano (35 – 50)
A deranged and schizophrenic woman who harbors a dark, surprising secret.
- Adolfo Pirelli, Tenor (30 – 45)
A flamboyant Italian rival barber; a charlatan with a secret past.
- Jonas Fogg, Male (35-60)
The owner of Fogg’s Asylum. He sells the hair of madmen to wigmakers.
- Ensemble cast: Men and Women (S / A / T / B) to play Townspeople; Policemen; Lunatics; etc. Strong Singers and Actors Needed. Minimal Movement Required.