Third Annual Capital City Food Truck Battle
WHEN: Saturday September 10, 2016, from 11am-7pm with a collection of 16 food trucks, outstanding live music and more
WHERE: Rho Waterfront at 50 Waterfront Plaza in Trenton
ADMISSION: $5 admission with $1 from every entry benefitting the Trenton Area Soup Kitchen.
A full listing of food trucks and entertainment can be found at www.capcityfoodtruckbattle.com
Partial proceeds to benefit the Trenton Area Soup Kitchen!
For the third year in a row, Trenton Punk Rock Flea Market founder and long time Art All Night - Trenton Event Director, Joseph Kuzemka, is pleased to bring the Capital City Food Truck Battle back. Assembling 16 of the very best in the New Jersey and Philadelphia mobile cuisine scene, trucks will be competing for the overall popular vote in either the Sweet or Savory categories with attendees voting for their favorite Sweet and Savory truck. One winning truck in each category will be awarded a handcrafted wooden plaque custom made by Bordentown artist, Mark Fenton, of Twin Flames Artistry.
While most events of this kind focus on just the food, the Capital City Food Truck Battle will also feature several headlining quality musical acts who will be performing on Rho's beautiful outdoor stage including Art All Night - Trenton favorite Danielia Cotton, local blues rock quartet All Pawns, dad rock stalwarts Groovy Movies, and local masters of Americana Josh Adair and Matt Kelly. Filling in the gaps will be Trenton's DJ extraordinaire, DJ It's JUSTAHMAD. Additional entertainment includes a mini, pop-up farmers market as well as a mini, pop-up artist and crafter market, and the Twirling Arcade Hoola Hoop Lounge.
"I couldn't be any more excited about the overall line-up for this year's event. We've truly assembled some of the highest-rated food trucks in the country to do battle in our Thunderdome of Flavor. Combined with a killer live music roster and the knowledge that we'll be helping to raise money for one of Trenton's greatest assets in the Trenton Area Soup Kitchen, for a second year in a row, make this event even sweeter for me. We're looking forward to a great day of food, music and family fun in the New Jersey's capital city!," said Kuzemka. Joyce Campbell, new Executive Director of the Trenton Area Soup Kitchen added "TASK really appreciates support from the Capital City Food Truck Battle. It feels wonderful to be supported by such an awesome organization , especially one that recognizes the unique creativity and talent in Trenton and makes it a truly fun filled community that we are proud to be a part of. The food component and the creative nature of the event makes it a perfect fit with our organization as TASK's mission is to feed our hungry neighbors, and improve patron self-sufficiency and quality of life."
SAVORY FOOD TRUCKS:
- El Lechon de Negron (Puerto Rican BBQ and winner two years running)
- Oink and Moo (BBQ, recently voted #1 food truck in the USA by The Daily Meal)
- The Tot Cart (Gourmet tater tots)
- Dark Side of the Moo (Exotic Meats)
- Empanada Guy (World famous empanada's)
- Gustoso Latin Fusion (Latin fusion cuisine)
- The Outslider (Gourmet sliders)
- Pizza My Heart (Brick oven pizza)
- Ma and Pa's Text Mex BBQ (Authentic Mexican tacos)
- Johnny's Pork Roll Truck (Jersey's finest pork roll sandwich)
- Saedd's NY Style (NY-Style halal cuisine)
SWEET FOOD TRUCKS:
- Sweetbox (Philly's favorite cupcakes)
- Sweet Lavender (Amazing sweets and treats)
- Waffles and Wedges (Sweet and savory wedges and waffles)
- Betty's Ice Box (Artisanal ice pops)
- Luigi's Ice Cream (Small-batch, handmade ice cream)