Summer Enrichment Classes for Children, Teens
Raritan Valley Community College (RVCC) in Branchburg will offer a variety of enrichment classes this summer for young people ages 6-16. For a complete list of all summer youth courses at RVCC, visit www.raritanval.edu/youth. The following enrichment courses will be offered:
- Basic Cursive Writing: Students ages 11-14 practice their cursive writing skills using worksheets that focus on upper-case and lower-case letters. Journal writing is also included. The class will be held Monday through Thursday, June 27-30, from 9 a.m.-noon. The fee is $144.
- Jewelry Design: Students ages 8-12 learn how to create one-of-a-kind jewelry pieces using pliers, crimpers, wire and novelty findings. Participants create bracelets, earrings and necklaces for themselves, friends and family. The class will be held Monday through Friday, August 1-5, from 9 a.m.-noon. The fee is $190.
- Math Magicians: Math Problem Solving Strategies: Students ages 8-10 are introduced to fun, problem-solving activities and even compete for prizes. The nine-session class will be held July 5-8 and July 11-15, from 9 a.m.-noon. The fee is $198.
- The Art of Debate: Students ages 8-10 increase their confidence by learning debating strategies. Students participate in fun mock trials and discuss the fundamentals of persuasive writing. The two-week class will be held Monday through Friday, July 18-29, from 1-4 p.m. The fee is $220.
- Reading Success for Primary Learners: Students ages 6-8 work on mastering phonics skills, comprehension and reading fluency. The nine-session class will be held July 5-8 and July 11-15, from 9 a.m.-noon. The fee is $198.
- Kids Leadership Program: Students ages 8-10 focus on important leadership skills such as public speaking, team building, problem solving, critical thinking and more. The nine-session class will be held July 5-8 and July 11-15, from 1-4 p.m. The fee is $198.
- Juggling for Beginner: Students ages 8-16 learn to juggle with two and three balls. Participants also work on two-person juggling and passing tricks and use other props. The course is designed for students with little or no juggling experience. The class will be held Tuesday through Friday, July 5-8, from 9 a.m.-noon. The fee is $152.
As an added convenience for parents, before- and after-care are available for youngsters. To register for Youth Program classes, visit www.raritanval.edu/youth. For information only, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 908-526-1200, ext. 8404. The Youth Program office is located in the lower level of RVCC’s College Center.
WHERE: Raritan Valley Community College’s main campus is located at 118 Lamington Road in Branchburg, NJ.
Serving Somerset and Hunterdon County residents for close to 50 years, RVCC is an educational and cultural center that is nationally recognized for its innovative programming, service to the community and environmental leadership. The College offers more than 90 associate degrees and certificates, as well as career training, professional development and personal enrichment courses. The College also has a performing arts center and planetarium.
RVCC is committed to offering a quality and affordable education through effective teaching, liaisons with the community’s businesses and state-of-the-art technology. For further information, visit www.raritanval.edu.