by Theresa Rebeck
Directed by Brian Remo
Produced by Jessica Foerst
WHEN: AUDITIONS BY APPOINTMENT ONLY. Monday, July 18 from 7:00pm – 9:30pm; Tuesday, July 19 from 7:00pm – 9:30pm. Callback will be scheduled if needed.
WHERE: Hamilton Stage (Fearless Studio) 360 Hamilton St, Rahway, NJ 07065
To schedule an audition appointment, please email email@example.com
SHOW DATES: November 4-13, 2016
- LEONARD: The seminar's professor, he has long, dramatic history as a writer. (Original Broadway performer Alan Rickman)
- MARTIN: A writer who is struggling financially. He is afraid to show his work to anyone. (Original Broadway performer Hamish Linklater)
- DOUGLAS: Nephew of a famous playwright from Harvard. He can actually write, but is constantly accused of "name dropping." (Original Broadway performer Jerry O'Connell)
- IZZY: Deemed a good writer from the beginning, she is at the center of the group's romantic conflicts. (Original Broadway performer Hettienne Park)
- KATE: Her writing is immediately criticized as having a narrator no one cares about. She constantly tries to prove herself. (Original Broadway performer Lily Rabe)
PLEASE NOTE: THE FEMALE ROLES CALL FOR BRIEF NUDITY THAT IS NOT REQUIRED BUT IT IS STAGE DIRECTED AS SUCH. THE LEVEL OF DECIDED EXPOSURE WILL NOT AFFECT CASTING, BUT THE QUESTION OF LEVEL OF EXPOSURE COMFORT-ABILITY WILL BE ASKED AS A COURTESY.
Sides will be available at the audition.
Set in present day NYC, Seminar follows four young writers—Kate, Martin, Douglas, and Izzy—and their professor, Leonard. Each student has paid Leonard $5,000 for a ten-week writing seminar to be held in Kate's Upper West Side apartment. As tensions arise and romance falls, they clash over their writing, their relations, and their futures. The play is fraught with furiously intelligent and comedic fast-paced dialogue and opened with Alan Rickman playing Leonard and closed with Jeff Goldblum portraying the role. This production marks the NJ premiere of the play after countless raves regarding its popularity in New York City.
ABOUT FEARLESS PRODUCTIONS:
Fearless Productions strives to create entertaining theatrical productions that walk on the very edge of the edge, leap enthusiastically with our hearts on our sleeves, and dare to be daring. We recognize that the responsibility of true art is to firmly grasp the attention of our audience for as long as we are asking for it. We accept this challenge with the courage that only comes with doing exactly what we were born to do. Simply put….our name is our mission statement.
For more information visit www.fearlessprod.com.