THE RUNNER STUMBLES
by Milan Stitt
directed by Eric Hafen, Producing Artistic Director of the Bickford Theatre
co-produced by Drew University.
WHEN: January 28 to February 14, 2016. Thursday, Feb. 11 at 2PM; Friday, Jan. 29, Feb. 5 & 12 at 8PM; Saturday, Jan. 30, Feb. 6 & 13 at 8PM; Sunday, Jan. 31, Feb. 7 & 14 at 2PM; Audio described performance available on Thursday, Feb. 11 at 2PM
WHERE: Bickford Theatre, Morris Museum, 6 Normandy Hgts. Rd., Morristown
TICKETS: $45 General Public; $40 Seniors, Museum & Theatre Guild Members; $33 Groups (10+); $20 Students (under 18 or w/valid college ID).
Tickets may be purchased online at morrismuseum.org, by phone at (973) 971-3706, or in person at the Bickford Theatre Box Office.
Set in 1911 and based on a true events, The Runner Stumbles centers on a young nun who has died under mysterious circumstances and the pastor who has been charged with her murder. With alternating action between interrogations, testimony and scenes from the past, the secrets and taboos of their relationship come to a head, as a feverish struggle ensues against the tides of passion, faith and justice.
The Bickford Theatre is an integral part of the Morris Museum, located at 6 Normandy Heights Road inMorristown, NJ, and offers free parking and full accessibility. Box Office hours for phone sales are Monday through Friday, 10:00am to 5:00pm. Walk-up hours are Tuesday through Friday, 11:00am to 5:00pm.
- Rik Walter (Fr. Rivard) of NYC- Off-Broadway: Soho Rep, Atlantic Theatre Studio, West End Theatre, Mint Theatre; NJ Regional: Two River Theatre; Regional: Walnut Street Theatre, Orlando Shakespeare Festival, Ivoryton Playhouse; Film/Television: Unforgettable (A&E), 30 Rock, Law & Order: SVU (NBC), As the World Turns (CBS)
- JC Hoyt (Toby Felker) of Morristown, NJ- Bickford: The Last Romance, Dr. Cook’s Garden, Mass Appeal; Off-Broadway: The Fantastiks; NJ Regional: NJ Shakespeare Festival, Centenary Stage Company, Women’s Theatre Company;Regional: Actors Louisville of Louisville, Old Castle Theatre Company, Bristol Riverside Theatre, Northern New England Rep, Dorsett Theatre Festival, Pioneer Theatre Company; International: A Christmas Carol (Germany)
- Liz Zazzi (Mrs. Shandig) of Upper Montclair, NJ- Bickford: The Little Dog Laughed, Dead Certain, Almost Maine; Off-Broadway: St. Luke’s Theatre, Riverside Shakespeare; NJ Regional: Centenary Stage, Luna Stage, Theatre Project, NJ Rep; Regional: Penguin Rep, Shadowland Theatre, NY Renaissance Festival
- Lizzie Engelberth (Sr. Rita) of Denville, NJ- NJ Local: Dover Little Theatre, Encore, Houghton Shakespeare; MA in Teaching from Drew University
- Duncan M. Rogers (Monsignor Nicholson) of Maplewood, NJ- Bickford: Wait Until Dark, Moonlight and Magnolias, Fiction, The Last Days of Mickey and Jean; Off-Broadway: Theatreworks USA, Century Center for the Performing Arts; NJ Regional: NJ Rep, Women’s Theatre Company; Regional: Old Castle Theatre Company, Huntington Theatre, Penobscot Theatre Company, Hillberry Rep, North Shore Music Theatre; Film/Television: 30 Rock, Dellaventura
- Kelley McAndrews (Erna Prindle) of Washington, NJ- NJ Regional: Premiere Stages, Theatre Project; Local: Kean University, Pines Dinner Theatre, Plays in the Park
Drew University Students
- Ryan Genualdi (Amos) of Murray Hill, NJ -Bickford: Not Now Darling; Drew: The Three Sisters, The Venus Hottentot; Senior History Major at Drew University
- Christopher Reyes (Prosecutor) of Maryland- Originally from the Philippians; Drew: You're A Good Man, Charlie Brown, King Hedley II; Senior Theatre Major with Minors in French and Film Studies at Drew University
- Ava Serene Portman (Louise) of Los Angeles, CA –Drew: Gillian’s Ocean (lead role); Local: Holmdel Theater; Film/Television: AP Life (Web Series), Banana Dartboard, The Hero Diaries (FDU Fillm Series); Junior at Drew University Sociology and Business.
About The Bickford Theatre
The Bickford Theatre is a professional theater that produces and presents year-round entertainment, including a Main Stage Series, two Children’s Theatre series, a Jazz Showcase, and other concerts. The theatre is a Senior Member of the New Jersey Theatre Alliance, a not-for-profit organization of 30 professional theaters throughout the state, and works in conjunction with Actors' Equity Association (AEA) and the Stage Directors and Choreographers Society (SDC). From its beginnings in 1994 to the present, tens of thousands of theater-goers from across the tri-state area have enjoyed the Bickford Theatre’s many entertaining and diversified offerings in theatre, music and dance.
About the Morris Museum
Founded in 1913, the Morris Museum is an award-winning, community-based arts and cultural institution which serves the public through high caliber exhibitions in the arts, sciences and humanities. The Museum also offers educational programs, family events, and is home to the Bickford Theatre and its wide range of performing arts offerings. Continuously serving the public since 1913, the Morris Museum has been designated a Major Arts Institution and has received the New Jersey State Council on the Arts’ Citation of Excellence, among other awards. The first museum in New Jersey to be accredited, the Morris Museum was re-accredited in 2013 by the American Alliance of Museums.
The Morris Museum is a Blue Star Museum, offering free admission to active duty military personnel and their families, from Memorial Day to Labor Day.