WHEN: Monday, November 9, Doors at 7:00pm; Performance at 7:30pm
Part of the TD James Moody Jazz Festival
"Come Fly with Me" ... "Ring-A-Ding-Ding" ... "I'm a Fool to Want You" ... Singers Tom Wopat, Sue Raney and Kevin Mahogany and a stellar cast of musicians, under the musical direction of Ken Peplowski, perform songs that might not even exist if it weren't for Frank Sinatra.
Ticket holders are invited to attend a post-show panel discussion, "Sinatra Standard Time," with Sinatra historian and author Charles L. Granata.
The Real Sinatra Songbook, part of NJPAC's Sinatra Centennial series, focuses on some of the greatest songs ever written-- because they were inspired, commissioned, published and sometimes even composed by Sinatra. Classic tunes like "Saturday Night (Is the Loneliest Night in the Week)," "Close to You" and "This Love of Mine" will be played the way they were meant to be heard, with top vocalists and finger-snapping arrangements. Ticket holders are invited to attend a pre-curtain panel discussion, Sinatra Standard Time, with Sinatra historian and author Charles L. Granata and music critic Will Friedwald in the Chase Room at 6pm. This conversation and Q&A features an array of Sinatra colleagues and music experts, who will illuminate the importance of Sinatra's contributions to the American Songbook, with an emphasis on songs featured in the concert.
More from TD JAMES MOODY JAZZ FESTIVAL:
- Sunday, November 8: Judy Carmichael Trio with Harry Allen
- Wednesday, November 11: Dorado Schmitt & Django Festival Allstars
- Thursday, November 12 and Friday, November 13: Tony Bennett with special guest Antonia Bennett
- Thursday, November 12: Christian McBride with Bruce Hornsby: One on One
- Friday, November 13: NJPAC and NJMEA Present: All-State Jazz
- Saturday, November 14: Bill Charlap Presents: Miles Davis' Birth of the Cool
- Saturday, November 14: Jazz, Soul and Funk: Sharon Jones & the Dap-Kings and Dianne Reeves
- Sunday, November 15: T.S. Monk Sextet
- Sunday, November 15: Sarah Vaughan International Jazz Vocal Competition