Dunellen Skylight Theatre Productions is seeking qualified applicants for their 2016 season who are interested in directing a play and/or musical.
Dunellen Skylight Theatre Productions is a non-profit organization that showcases quality theatrical presentations with a mission to entertain, inspire, educate, and advocate through the arts. We strive to create an environment where local performers, directors, playwrights, and other artisans can display and cultivate their talents.
Directors are needed for the following:
- Youth Theatre Production: Show selection must be age appropriate for audiences ages 2 and up.
WHEN: Saturdays, April 23, 30 and Sundays, April 30 & May 1 (6 total performances), Saturdays, 2:00 pm and 7:30pm, Sundays 7:30pm
WHERE: Performance and rehearsals take place at the Dunellen Presbyterian Church auditorium.
Performance space details: Theater has a small stage (13’ wide x 16’ deep) and seating capacity of about 75.
- Musical in the Park Production: Show selection must be appropriate to produce in a public park. This production must be a musical.
WHEN: Fridays, August 19 & 26, Saturdays, August 20 & 27 and Sundays, August 21 & 28 (6 total performances), Times: 8:00pm all performances
WHERE: Performance takes place on our gazebo stage at Washington Memorial Park, Dunellen, NJ. Rehearsals take place downstairs at St. John’s Roman Catholic Church.
Performance space details: Theater has a stage (20-24’ wide x 20’ deep) built off a gazebo in the park (provides 12’ wide x 16’ deep of performance space) and seating capacity of about 150. This is an outdoor venue and in case of rain performances take place in the basement of St. John’s Roman Catholic Church.
Additionally, we at Dunellen Skylight Theatre Productions are looking to expand our season by adding a Fall/Winter performance to our schedule. In doing so, we need your input. We are soliciting proposals for smaller scale productions that showcase both originality and creativity. Submit your ideas to us for a night of One Acts; a concert version of your favorite Broadway show; a cabaret event, or even a show that could become a holiday tradition for Dunellen Skylight Theatre Productions. We want to see what you’ve been working on!
Dunellen Skylight Theatre Productions places an emphasis on things like clarity of the director’s vision, diversity of perspective, overall workability, and strength of audience appeal when deciding to produce any work.
- Submit ONE completed application.
- Creative Resume
- 1 copy of the script
- 1 copy of the libretto of the music (if you are submitting a musical)**
- copy of a CD of the music (if you’re submitting a musical)
- ** If unable to provide the full libretto or recording at the time of submission, please include a note as to when it could be made available.
- Applications must be submitted no later than October 31, 2015.