AUDITION NOTICE: Studio Players of Upper Montclair, NJ is casting
WHEN: Sunday, November 1, at 6:30pm and Tuesday, November 3, at 7:30pm. Performance dates are January 8, 9, 10, 14, 15, 16, 17, 21, 22, and 23.
WHERE: Studio Players, 14 Alvin Place, Montclair
For more information visit the Studio Playhouse website or call 973-744-9752
"Art imitates life. Life imitates art. When two actors with a history are thrown together as romantic leads in a forgotten 1930’s melodrama, THE LAST KISS, they quickly lose touch with reality as the story onstage follows them offstage. They follow that with a second play, a gritty contemporary story of love and violence called I LOVED HER BEFORE I KILLED HER or BLURRY. The effect is a web spinning tale about what happens when lovers share a stage kiss—or when actors share a real one.”
- SHE/ ADA – 40’s, a leading lady who plays the roles of Ada Wilcox in THE LAST KISS & Whore in I LOVED HER BEFORE I KILLED HER.
- HE/ JOHNNY – 40’s, a leading man who plays the role of Johnny Lowell in THE LAST KISS & Johnny an IRA soldier in I LOVED HER BEFORE I KILLED HER.
- ADRIAN SCHWALBACH – male 40 +, a director of both THE LAST KISS and I LOVED HER BEFORE I KILLED HER.
- KEVIN – 21 – 35, an actor who plays Johnny’s understudy, Doctor and Butler in THE LAST KISS & Pimp in I LOVED HER BEFORE I KILLED HER.
- HUSBAND/HARRISON – 45+, an actor who plays Mr. Wilcox in THE LAST KISS and She’s real life husband.
- ANGELA/MILLIE/MAID – 18+, She’s real life daughter; plays Millie Wilcox in THE LAST KISS and a servant in THE LAST KISS.
- MILLICENT/LAURIE – 25-35, plays Ada Wilcox’s friend, Millicent in THE LAST KISS; He’s real life Midwestern girlfriend, Laurie.
- SHE, HE, HUSBAND and LAURIE sing – they must be able to carry a tune. Please be prepared to sing 16 bars acapella. (“Happy Birthday” is all right)
No monologues required. Sides from the script will be provided and are available prior to auditions online at www.StudioPlayhouse.org
No Pay, No Fee